Sunday, May 6, 2012

The jacket I've always wanted: The Dream Jacket


Just like you, I have a fondness for tearing pages out of magazines of pictures I like and keeping those pictures in a folder. I get the greatest satisfaction from the pictures I tore out years ago, and still like. For me, that means my tastes are consistent. That's important, isn't it?

Well, the above picture is of an Australian artist who lives in the Nederlands with her family. I really liked her jacket (and her son's sandshoes) when I ripped that page from Home Beautiful in 2007. I still love her jacket and have been on the search for one since.


Then, my good friend Johnnie Boden decided to have a sale, (in fact, that sale still might be on) where he decided to mark-down some of the costage on this jacket.

I threw complete financial security and prudence to the wind and ordered it. It's winging it's way from the UK as I type.



The other reason I liked the Australian woman who lives in the Nederlands with her family, is that she has a vintage leather egg chair which I would secrete under my Johnnie Boden Photographers Jacket if I ever got the chance to visit the Australian artist in the Nederlands, and she'd be none-the-wiser as to its where-abouts. And then I'd run for a taxi.


She also informed Home Beautiful Readers, who were reading about her living in the Nederlands with her family, that whenever she returned home to Australia, she'd buy another piece of Dinosaur Designs crockery for her collection. Can you see the bowls on the kitchen shelf?

I always admire people who use pieces of design on a daily basis, and who are not too precious about them.

Me? I'm a bit precious.

9 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm your first follower (?)! Well, first commenter!! Yay!! How could you see enough of that jacket for it to make such an impact on your desirey parts? Were there other photos? Love Boden for their colour! My grandmother had a beautiful dinner set that she used only once. That was, I think, after she realised the Queen was never going to show up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Zigsma,
    welcome aboard. I have a lively imagination, and imagined most of the jacket. That gave me a lot of leeway in finding something similar. That's a bit rude of the Queen never showing up to your Grandma's. What's with Royalty?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take the jacket, the egg chair and the kitchen sink. I like this new blog. How do I join and keep it off of my blog roll? There's no keeping you secret MMMC. I won't tell a soul about you though. Good to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear Zigsma. What derangement were you undergoing when you could make that lady's jacket into something discernible?
    "Dream" would be accurate.
    But to have it on its way to your letterbox, is style.
    The child's sneekers were a subtle ankle biter shoe worn in the heady days of Brisbane Expo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you also have dreamt the Design Textbooks amongst her shelves.
    But that leather chair is singing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wondered how you could see all of that jacket too. I like the one you're getting though. I love that chair and I can't believe I'm saying that. You're a bad influence MMMC.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clearly you are skiled at seeing the world in miniature. I see that jacket. It has two personalities and I love them both inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love brown leather too. I want to press the delete button on our furnishings, and then refresh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that chair and would not be precious about it. I would like the opportunity to not be precious about that much Dinosaur crockery. I'm with R and S on the delete and refresh idea but I forgot to buy a lottery ticket for Wednesday night unlike the rest of Australia.

    ReplyDelete