Friday, April 1, 2011

Breaking Point

What's your breaking point?

My breaking point isn't being downstairs hearing knives and other metal kitchen utensils being dropped noisily all over the floor upstairs in the kitchen.

My breaking point isn't finding a bush turkey on the top of the bookshelves in the dining room.

My breaking point isn't trying to herd a large, beady-eyed, wing-flapping, stinking, native bird through a small window.

My breaking point isn't having to clean all said bird's poo splatter from the walls and books.

My breaking point is realising it's shat all over our Frank Lloyd Wright Lego boxes.

32 comments:

  1. Oh Dear GOD NOOOOOO! I'm sorry, this is horrible but I had to laugh.
    Damn that bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gross...you made me laugh so hard!!!
    I love once this guy at the lodge was walking up from the boat and a sea gull crapped on him it's funny but he didn't think so, he got a little mad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say, "oh crap" but that's obvious, isn't it?!
    That turkey has no class. No class AT ALL!

    ps thanks for your lovely comment about my painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sh*t. Isn't it good luck to be crapped on? Get it back in and stand under it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man! That would be my breaking point too!! That damn turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd have a turkey shoot then I'd ring it's skinny little neck. How brazen can one turkey be?

    I'm fine. Our son was held back for a couple weeks due to his lack of marching skills...two left feet. He sounds very upbeat in his letters though. We are rooting for him. Thanks for asking
    MMMC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bird would be on my hit list. Yep, it would. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Noooooo! Bloody turkey. Although forgive me for having a bit of a giggle at the image of you trying to get him out the window! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh god, I think I'd have reached breaking point long before that. You have my sympathy. Hope the lego boxes can be returned to pristine modernity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy crap! I would find that extremely testing. They do have beady eyes. Certainly not one of natures more attractive bird species.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These poopy birds should be able to be culled.
    I think RMT would flip and take revenge.
    You can't poop at their place because their place is your place.
    Vermin in the 'burbs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh No!! My sister once found a goose hiding behind the curtain at Dad's house but luckily it had stayed away from Dad's Lego collection.
    This would be equally devestating in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, you just made me feel a little better as I had a breaking point this week too. Can you eat bush turkeys?

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's the way turkeys show their appreciation. Or maybe the turkey is Frank Lloyd Wright's reincarnation, and doesn't approve his work being turned into lego models. That Turkey is trying to tell you something.

    ReplyDelete
  15. further evidence that bush turkeys are nasty... they don't even appreciate fine architecture! horrible...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not the LEGO. Must keep Legoman from reading this post as he may have a spontaneous cardiac arrest. Or he'll be dobbing you into the M.I.B lego rescue squad ( no not Men in Black.... Mint in box) where hapless owners have their neglected and abused lego sets forcibly removed and fostered out to people who really care.
    If it makes you feel any better, I came home from work one day to discover a chook poo placed discretely in the middle of one of the decorative cushions on our bed. Seems said chook had been in the house, leaving deposits on our bedding all under the watchful supervision of my mother- in- law. Now legoman understands why I constantly have reservations about the degree of vigilance she has while minding our offspring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. are you entirely sure you were not just having a psychotic episode? Come on Carmel, that's your poo isn't it, YOU shat on the Frank Loyd Wright logo box DIDN'T YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hilarious! This made both me and my husband belly laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's just wrong on so many levels. Poor Lego, Frankie must be rolling over in his grave.

    ReplyDelete
  20. you and this bird!!!! so funny.
    so so so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Carmel,
    my jaw dropped...these ignorant vulture! Thats my breaking point. Definitely.
    xo Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yuck. How rude. Not Estelle (although that is a little rude) the bird. Yuck...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Icky!!! I can't even imagine something like that happening. Great storytelling though, you had me till the end. Thank-you so much for your visit. I got to come visit you...

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are one tolerant woman---I would have broken long before that!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh dear, ive been having problems here too. I open up the bifolds and they think its an open invitation to fly in and splatter everything in the process. i usually sic my kids onto them and i could lend you them but youve probably got enough. kids that is.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Holy crappola. It's time you got a slug gun!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh no! Have these creatures no respect at all?
    What a mess!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh no. I'm happy to live in this snowy country where turkeys live at the zoo or maybe at some innovative farm.

    And thank you dear Carmel for the sweet mail! I opened it together with two five-year-olds who were just as excited as I was.

    ReplyDelete
  29. funny, or perhaps not, but today me and my father had pigeons shitting ? (i still want to believe they peed. somehow that would stay below my breaking point) on our heads and fingers during a lovely lunch.
    remember they say it will bring luck... i believe you are an extremely fortunate woman from this moment onwards!

    ReplyDelete