When we visit the Land of Grandma, she often gives us magazines to take home.

Some are aimed at improving our general knowledge.
Some are just a good read,
And, inexplicably, some are the Hammacher Schlemmer catalogue.
A catalogue full of crap that makes you realise you don't have enough crap to make life easier.
A catalogue full of crap that makes you realise you don't have enough crap to make life easier.
I thought I'd take some inspiration from the Hammacher Schlemmer catalogue to help Brismod from Fun & VJs blog with her campaign to win the People's Choice category of the Best Australian Blog 2011 Competition.
You can vote for Brismod here. Vote for her.
Sometimes election campaigning is a lonely gig.
Brismod may want to teach herself the joys of banjo plucking when she's feeling the strain. There's nothing like hearing the sounds of Tom Dooley and Two-Dollar Bill (I don't know those songs either. They're on the Banjo's accompanying DVD) wafting through the neighbourhood to rally votes.
Brismod may want to teach herself the joys of banjo plucking when she's feeling the strain. There's nothing like hearing the sounds of Tom Dooley and Two-Dollar Bill (I don't know those songs either. They're on the Banjo's accompanying DVD) wafting through the neighbourhood to rally votes.
Brismod may find her campaigning a bit smoother if she zips about on an Electric Personal Transporter which includes a headlight and horn (to accompany the banjo).
It won't hurt to spy on one's opponents, Brismod, and it's easier to have a video pen in your pocket than a camera man with a tripod.
If Brismod finds herself in a tight spot campaigning, she'd be lost without The Only COMPLETE Swiss Army Knife.
It has 87 precision-engineered tools spanning 112 functions.
But Brismod will need another Swiss Army knife to open the COMPLETE Swiss Army Knife.
I suspect there may be continued squabbling between Brismod's handy husband, Jason, and their builder, Mr Rooney, about whose toolbelt is ridgy-didge campaign-ready.
So to satisfy everyone, the whole campaign team can have their own Holiday Decorator's Toolvest, with zippered storage compartments, and side-straps, and front-straps with locking clips and places to put things, and bits and pieces, and COMPLETE Swiss Army Knives hidden in there somewhere.
I know some dogs who have blogs, so Brismod won't want to ignore the Canine vote. Providing easy access to her in the form of a Pet Ramp/Staircase will ensure the puppies about the place will feel she is listening to their demands.
And if it rains on said puppies ... Brismod just needs to pop out the Dogbrella - described as an 'inverted bumbershoot' which 'forms a waterproof cocoon around a small dog enabling canine and master to maintain a walking regimen in inclement weather'. I couldn't say it any better.
Challenging electoral opponents to a televised debate is sooo yesterday. Brismod should challenge all her blogging opponents to 'defy the wind' using only AN UMBRELLA!
And then, to the shock and surprise of the blogging community, Brismod pulls out her Wind Defying Umbrella, and, indeed, defies the wind!
Brismod has conceded that smooching up to children is a vote winner. Though attractive children aren't always at hand. Thus, Brismod would be well-advised to have, on her person to wave about when the need arises, The Woven Photographic Throw, which would feature her three gorgeous sons.
If Brismod was to use the above pictured 'throw', I would suggest she do just that: Throw.
Throw that thing. With its hideous-looking children. Away.
And follow the throwing with a few launched snowballs. Kapow!
Brismod can sharpen her reflexes with the tastefully named, 'IPong' Table Tennis Trainer which serves a steady stream of ping-pong balls for solo practice to fine tune one's game.
Who said IPong?
Who said IPong?
After a long day, banjo plucking, and wind defying, and generally rallying the votes, Brismod may want to sit down and kick off her shoes, and replace them with the Circulation Improving Leg Wraps.
The leg wraps have six airbags. Just like a Volvo.
And if it the campaign goes all pear-shaped because of my suggestions, Brismod may want to hit the bottle.
And pore the whole damn thing into the Full Bottle Wine Glass.
I ask you, who has time to top-up anymore?
And she can tell the police, in all honesty, "I only had one glass!"
But if all that fails, and Brismod doesn't win the Best Australian Blog Competition in the People's Choice category (which is highly unlikely) ...
She can just lean into The Gentle Motion Back Stretching Device and scream into the direction of the floor.
That's it. Big breaths, Brismod!
That's it. Big breaths, Brismod!
Now watch the whole thing on the TV News using your Magic Wand Remote Control which comes in a silk-lined box.
Magic campaign so far, Brismod.
Vote for her here! Vote for her.

















I've never heard of Brismod (sorry) but am now off to vote for her based on this blog post alone.
ReplyDeleteThe photographic throw rug is beyond horrible. I found the dog umbrella strangely appealing - so bad it is almost good.
"Hang down your head Tom Doooooley, hang down your head and cry. Hang down your head Tom Dooooooley, poor boy you're bound to die"!
ReplyDeleteWho doesn't know Tom Dooley?
Such a cheery little melody too.
All the best Brismod. Payrise in order for your head of campaigning, I might suggest.
OMG I seriously need that doggy ramp for Mr Limpy Houdini Bucket Head dog.... how much is it?
ReplyDeleteBrilliant work Campaign Manager! Those kooky gadgets will come in handy for our kooky campaign. I've put my order in for the ipong. It should get us over the line...in the popularity stakes.
ReplyDeleteI'm crushed that Farmer's Wife doesn't know me. My little avatar is on her Google friends...HA! Too funny. xx
Brilliant post. On the contrary, I find the photographic throw rug mesmerisingly seductive and am now wondering whether I can track it down and get one. It's just too good. As is this post.
ReplyDeleteYou're quite the campaigner! I've done what i was told. Fun and VJ's it's your time to shine. Let's get you winning this thing Brismod!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI hear you loud and clear MMMC. My vote is in!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant post - I also kinda dig that photographic throw -:O)
ReplyDeleteA xx
Brismod - just left a comment on your blog. Where you lead I now follow...
ReplyDeleteAlso - agree with Fiona re words to Tom Dooley. Most depressing song in the world.
God you're funny! I love the Dogbrella - does it come in giant labraddodle size I wonder??
ReplyDeleteHow many times can I vote? You've got Curly's vote too now.
ReplyDeleteI laugh, I laugh and I laugh!!! You and MMMC crack me up. Although this is serious stuff.
I'm screaming over here. Can you hear me? We get that same stupid catalogue.
ReplyDeleteI've voted! Though a bit disappointed that your blog wasn't on the list too. And that magic wand remote controller - might need to order that as we can never find ours. Brilliant campaign MMMC - as ever I'm inspired by you!
ReplyDeletePlease send me one set of multi-airbag leg crushers and one dysfunctional-family-size wine glass. You're taking orders right? Oh, do I need to vote first? Okay then, I'll go right over and do that now. And please put a rush on my order...I'm really thirsty and my legs are killing me. Thanks MMMC.
ReplyDeleteCurly Pops, the three step dog ramp is $199.95.
ReplyDeleteMCM, don't you think that if things got that bad that you needed to pour a whole bottle of plonk into one glass ($24.95) you may as well just save on washing up and drink straight from the bottle?
Hammacher Schlemmer online: hammacher.com
ReplyDeleteCrack up, i knew with you on the team BrisMod would do well. You have literally thought of everything!! Love Posie
ReplyDeleteWow, what a campaign. I have already voted for Brismod I think with a campaign like this you could go for premier.
ReplyDeletethis is what entertains us on plane rides...the "air mall" has many of those amazing inventions. i always imagine what kind of person would actually order, from a plane no less!
ReplyDeletesad truth is...they still seem to be in biz.
its part of "end of days" i'm sure of it!