1968 Australian home. Some Ruska. Teak furniture. Native Australian gardens. Splashes of Marimekko. Rimini blue Bitossi. 50s, 60s and 70s homes. House plants and succulents. Woody Allen. The occasional appearance by some Solid Gold Dancers. That's what you'll find here. And lashings of chutzpah thrown-in for good measure. Pull up a Suekichi Uchida and make yourself at home.
My husband has grown one in the last 20 months (and he's counting). He is no bearded, ageing hipster. Cut it off at the 12 month mark, freaked out at the sight of his bare face and grew it back. Everyone compliments him on it so I think that makes him feel good and makes up for the bits that are missing from the top of his head :)
I read an interesting social comment recently about Gen Y & their seemingly love for the chin curtain. It went something along the lines of "Gen Y is too young to ever have known or had fathers with beards whilst our generation (kids of the 70's & 80's) are old enough to remember it all too well!" Dislike beards. Only good for pirates.
That's so funny, I've never heard those before. The husband used to grow one every summer at the end of school and the shave it off before school started again in September. Even after two months is wasn't much. Prickly though. Unless you like carpet burn on your face? xo
Almost all of my significant others over the years have had facial hair of some type. Carl, the love of my life, had a beard. I can't imagine what he would have looked like without it. I actually find a "five o'clock shadow" much more prickly and abrasive than a well-kept beard. My one strong dislike is a beard that extends beyond the chin and grows down a man's neck. To me, that makes a man look unkempt and too lazy to properly groom his beard.
Interesting question, and something I have considered myself of late. I have only begun to appreciate a beard in the last few years. I now find that I dig a dude with a beard. A cool 70's style hippie beard, or even a ZZ Top Beard. Yep, I like it.
I dig the beard too. Wouldn't have done so a few years ago. Maybe its because I'm getting old. In a few years I'll probably be able to grow my own beard!
My husband has grown one in the last 20 months (and he's counting). He is no bearded, ageing hipster. Cut it off at the 12 month mark, freaked out at the sight of his bare face and grew it back. Everyone compliments him on it so I think that makes him feel good and makes up for the bits that are missing from the top of his head :)
ReplyDeleteI like a clean and kept jowl towel. I wish my husband would give one a go!
DeleteI read an interesting social comment recently about Gen Y & their seemingly love for the chin curtain. It went something along the lines of "Gen Y is too young to ever have known or had fathers with beards whilst our generation (kids of the 70's & 80's) are old enough to remember it all too well!" Dislike beards. Only good for pirates.
ReplyDeleteStrong sentiments. Good girl.
DeleteThat's so funny, I've never heard those before. The husband used to grow one every summer at the end of school and the shave it off before school started again in September. Even after two months is wasn't much. Prickly though. Unless you like carpet burn on your face?
ReplyDeletexo
'Chin curtain' is beardish vernacular. I made up 'Jowl towel'.
DeleteMr LC is such a hipster!
Oh yeah, he's too cool for school.
DeleteMy husband just asked whether beards are mandatory in Canada to guard against the wind-chill factor?
DeleteAlmost all of my significant others over the years have had facial hair of some type. Carl, the love of my life, had a beard. I can't imagine what he would have looked like without it. I actually find a "five o'clock shadow" much more prickly and abrasive than a well-kept beard. My one strong dislike is a beard that extends beyond the chin and grows down a man's neck. To me, that makes a man look unkempt and too lazy to properly groom his beard.
ReplyDeleteGood point about the curtain extending beyond the chin. A neck scarf is gross.
DeleteBeards are okay on other men. I'm glad my husband shaves every single day. I agree with Dana, beards growing down the neck is not good.
ReplyDeleteMy husband shaves to put out the garbage.
DeleteI'm not a fan. Wouldn't it be Nnoying to have all that hair all over your face? Eewww
ReplyDeleteYou should ask Molly! Bless her furry little face!
DeleteDepends on the guy- and the beard!! Those two are looking very stylish:-)
ReplyDeleteThey are stylish aren't they? Bless their furry little faces!
DeleteInteresting question, and something I have considered myself of late. I have only begun to appreciate a beard in the last few years. I now find that I dig a dude with a beard. A cool 70's style hippie beard, or even a ZZ Top Beard. Yep, I like it.
ReplyDeleteI dig the beard too. Wouldn't have done so a few years ago. Maybe its because I'm getting old. In a few years I'll probably be able to grow my own beard!
Delete