Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Birthday

Every year another birthday. Times four.


Sometimes we have parties. Sometimes we don't.


Sometimes I cook-up-a-storm. Sometimes I don't.





Four's a kind-of a momentous age, I think. You're no longer a baby, but still a bit too little to be a big-kid.



Old school games are how we roll.


It was a bit International ... I have yet to introduce you to our West German friend. And I don't mean a lava vase.


Here we were three years ago ... here. I wonder how many of you remember that post?

I don't want to think too long about how time flies.

18 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday Martha my dear. I can't believe this much time has gone by. Much too quickly!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Can you believe years are flowing by? It'll be Christmas before long.

      Delete
  2. Happy Fab Four! ....sweet girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, dear Martha!

    Dear Carmel, well done! She is still a sweet girl!
    and: who is your 'West German friend'? oh, btw, we can say 'German' and not 'West German'... Germany is reunited since a long long time.. your child 1 wasn't born!

    Congrats, hugs and kisses!
    oxox Ariane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Ariane, that shows how old I am, or how fixated I am on West German pottery! I can remember when Germany reunited. New au pair is from a small town near Bavaria.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday gorgeous Solid Gold Dancer #4! What a sweetie. I looked back at her 1st birthday - too cute with the belly button. Oh your new friend is from Germany? Can't wait to hear more about her...I do have a soft spot for Germans after living there for a year in my youth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel,
      hang on to that baby of yours! He'll be running his own farm tour before you know it!

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Martha, and your last blog post was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had forgotten how close in age Martha and Grandson #1 (Holden) are. He will be 4 in October. I love all these photos, from the old school games to the candle blowing. All adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTHA!!! well done, lovely lady- she's so sweet:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tove, she has her moments ... it was nice seeing her with her little friends. Thank you.

      Delete
  8. I can't believe Solid Gold Dancer is only 4 ... I feel like I've known her for years. Chuckled away at Martha's first birthday post. I do hope the mixer has finally returned from the Fit It shop after the Slow Boat from China arrived. Happy Birthday, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh sweet girl. I feel like I've watched her grow up. I guess I have really. My youngest left for a whole month this summer and I thought my heart would break. I want him to be four again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I've seen that child grow up! Was she really only a baby when you started the blog? Hope she had fun on her big day. It still amazes me that you have four solid gold dancers... And btw did the WG bring some WG vases? HoPE that was a prerequisite when she was hired? xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good gravy! I remember you and yours three years ago. How simple it all was. We were home and broke and highly amused by our respective M's. Good times! I remember the snot and the poodle and the common love of Playmobile. Loe to Martha belatedly. I'm having a really difficult time getting your blog posts to download and cannot comment either. Think I may need a new server or to banish i-goods from the teens boys.x

    ReplyDelete