Sick of seeing blue and white crockery on blogs? So am I.
Which makes me wonder if anyone reads blogs any more. If so, which ones are people reading? Rarely do I come across a new blog now-a-days which I find engaging or interesting. Which, in turn, makes me want to make this blog more engaging and interesting. I'd like to put more into this blog, change the header and keep ensuring that this is a blog that is a little bit different from every other blog.
Which makes me wonder if anyone reads blogs any more. If so, which ones are people reading? Rarely do I come across a new blog now-a-days which I find engaging or interesting. Which, in turn, makes me want to make this blog more engaging and interesting. I'd like to put more into this blog, change the header and keep ensuring that this is a blog that is a little bit different from every other blog.
I've been thinking hard about what sort of things I should write about ... and then I made some cards.
I used old scraps of vintage wallpaper and Contact, and used pictures from torn children's magazine.
I also used glue. Two types of glue.
Easy and sticky.

I read blogs! My blogging has cut down with Instagram around, but I think it would have dropped down anyway, just getting generally busier in life than when I started. I want a blog makeover too to get a 'fresh' look; sometimes my fave blogs suddenly change names and go missing *cough cough* but I hunt them down like a true stalker hehe. will email you now for the cards!
ReplyDeleteBec, it is hard to find the time to read blogs. I find it difficult, and I'm also guilty of reading a post and not commenting. Shameful.
DeleteI'm with Bec re not reading Blogs as much now that I'm using Instagram BUT I do love a good blog post when it's "different" and I agree with you ... there isn't a lot of "different" around. I have my favourites but more and more of my favourites tend to be doing sponsored posts & they really do irk me (sorry to those Blogsters out there that do sponsored posts, I do truly love you still). My all time favourite blogs though make me laugh & yours, MMMC, make me snort, which is laughing x 10! btw ... I even wrote a blog post the other week. The first in well over a year. I don't know what came over me ;-)
ReplyDeleteLMAG, Instagram is a distraction. But Instagram doesn't have the meat that some blogs have. I'll have to look at your blog post. I wish I could think of things to post more often.
DeleteThose cards are amazing!! Keep making them, you definitely have a talent for that thing! I agree with you, there are a lot of blogs around that are just pretty, full of pictures of stuff you've seen a thousand times. Yet another lovely color combo just doesn't cut it. I'm feeling I'm stuck in a rut too with mine. After I started Instagramming it made me realize how much easier that is, but then again, if everyone stopped blogging, we'd miss our favorite reads. Your everyday anectodes are such good reads, don't do anything too drastic!!
ReplyDeleteTove, a lot of people make similar cards, and a lot better. It's pretty easy. Cut up and old torn book and channel a scrapbooker.
DeleteI'd like to make the blog look a bit more professional.
I'm still here, reading along, my friend. I always appreciate your fresh thinking, even if I don't comment. The homogeneity of many blogs nowadays is a shame. Once I'm out of this stressful time on the homefront, I'm looking forward to refreshing my blog and getting it moving again. I miss its vibrancy. No blue and white china pic there! J x
ReplyDeleteJane,
DeleteIt's good to stay fresh. Keep your chin up. Sometimes having a blog offers a bolster in bad times.
Your cards and gift tags are gorgeous - beuaitufl vintage pictures.
ReplyDeleteSo, two types of glue eh? I'm impressed. Clag and PVA?
I hear ya about the blogging world. Apart from my regular faves, I have recently discovered Jane from The Shady Baker. I may be abit slow off the mark with that one, but it's one of my favourite places to pop in now when she posts. Cheerio.
Donna,
Deleteyou know your adhesives. I will look at The Shady Baker. I don't think I've come across her. Keep up the good work. You make me laugh.
I shall never tire of seeing blue and white china. Your cards are fab. I don't read half the blogs I used to anymore, I don't know why.
ReplyDeleteI'm only blogging because I was blackmailed.
xo
I know you love blue and white china. And I respect that.
DeleteWho's blackmailing you to blog?! Not me!?!?
Your cards are lovely. I really think people would buy them!
ReplyDeleteAs for Instagram, I just can't seem to get hooked. I guess it's the old literature teacher in me, but there's just not enough content to hold my attention. I feel the same about Twitter. I prefer something that's a little meatier and a lot more personal.
I haven't added too many new blogs to my list of must-reads lately either. Most of the ones I run across today contain a few photo rehashes of the latest decor fad, along with a ton of cute-font graphics plastered everywhere...nothing very original or interesting or informative.
So many old blog friends have quit posting. It makes me appreciate those of you hanging in there and posting things that make me think and make me laugh all the more.
I may have an updated header in the near future, and I may move my blog to our mid2mod.com site, but I don't expect to change the format much, and I don't intend to take on any sponsors. I turn down their offers every time they approach me.
Why are people quitting? Some of my favourites have stopped too. I can see that it can be hard work, but there needs to be some balance. I guess it is exhausting at the end of the day, and life takes over. Will it still be easy to read your blog if you move it to your website? Sometimes people change their blog site and it becomes too hard to follow.
DeleteFor as long as you keep writing your blog I'll keep reading it Carmel.
ReplyDeleteNot many out there with quite the same 'tone' as yours x
Get back to the keyboard lady.
DeleteI love your blog! It's so original and refreshing. I still read blogs and prefer them to the other social media platforms but I'm sick to death of sponsored posts on many blogs - it just doesn't interest me. I do love seeing blogging buddies on IG though, since many of them have left blogging, it's better than nothing. But yes I'm feeling like I'm in a bit of a blogging rut at the moment. I think I also may have committed blogging suicide with my latest Post. Time for a blog break perhaps. Your cards are awesome!!! Mel x
ReplyDeleteI hear you. I read you. The solution to a blog rut is to stop for a while. Thanks about the cards. They provided me with some thinking time. You should give it a go when you stop macrameing!
DeleteBring on the brown and orange I say! I try to fight the good fight with mid-century goodness but it's a lonely blogging world...you don't need to change a thing by the way. xx
ReplyDeleteYes, blogdom needs more brown, orange, cork, and unpainted wood. I'll make it my purpose. Solidarity.
DeleteGosh it's good to come over here for a visit. Now I don't seem to visit any blogs with blue and white china at all, it's all west germany pottery on my blogroll! I think everyone has just defected to instagram for the instant rush of it all, I've avoided joining as I have an entire house to paint, a job to continue going to and children to wrangle. Much as I'm sure the pretty pics are nice, for me it's all about a good ongoing story, preferably with real (non styled) people. Love your blog, need to remind myself to pop over as I have kept you off the blogroll for privacy reasons. BTW went to Daiso after you spruiked it, Liongirl could have bought the store, the boy wanted nothing! mel x
ReplyDeleteI can't wait until you've finished your renovation and you start the fit-out. That'll be the exciting thing. Seeing where you put everything!
DeleteLove the Daiso experience! Put the blog on your blog roll. I'm not fussed anymore.
Love it here Carmel. Don't stop doing what you're doing. Rest assured your blog will always be a little bit different from everybody else's.
ReplyDeleteThank you Fiona. I got a bit teary on the bus reading your latest post. That's not allowed!
DeleteI read your blog and many others, for ages before I ever posted anything. I was too shy! I wanted to write an anonymous blog for ages and had written posts and notes for a long time, but was scared someone would find me and have me committed!! Now I'm all "out there" and it feels ok, I'm still getting the groove and would love to post more, but lacking the homes to photograph!
ReplyDeleteYour blog is real and refreshingly different, just like you, I suspect!!