Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Frockin' it.

I'll cut to the chase.

My pal Kylie of the Lucy Violet Vintage blog is taking part in Frocktober to raise much-needed money to fund research into a cure for ovarian cancer. 

Kylie is really one of the most generous and amusing women I know.


Every day during October she dons a vintage frock, and says something ludicrous, in a frockin' great effort for a good cause.

Look at that hungry little dog.
Click on her blog above if you haven't already ... please say something supportive and chip-in a few dollars. Even I donated, because really, who knows how we'll leave this mortal coil (ovarian cancer not being one of my preferred options).

Kylie's smashed her $1,000.00 target already, but she could do with a few more dollars.

 Go on, lady ladies!

And, because I found this image on my desk top, here's a gratuitous photo of the eldest Solid Gold Dancer giving it a good-hot-stab at pretending to read when she was about two.


Often the eldest Solid Gold Dancer will say to me, 'Why are you staring at me?' and I'll respond, 'Because you're absolutely beautiful'. 

And she is. Even though her tweeny-ovaries make her unpredictably moody. But whose ovaries haven't?

8 comments:

  1. Kylie is doing such a good thing...and such a good job with her fund raising!

    Your Solid Gold Dancer picture is adorable...and I love the term "tweeny-ovaries." How could she not be beautiful today? One look at this photo predicts that outcome! What a little doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kylie is doing a good thing. And she's made a bit of money too! She has more stamina than me, and more dresses come to think of it.

      And thank you Dana. I do look at Solid Gold Dancer and think she's gorgeous ... but I thought she was gorgeous when she was a new born and now I look at her newborn photos and think e-gad!

      Delete
  2. Thank you lovely Carmel.
    Now all I need is a pic of you in your patio frock and I'll die a happy girl...
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patio frock ... maybe I'll put it on when I put out the garbage next. Keep you the good work frockstar.

      Delete
    2. Your friend Annie told me about your patio frock - she said you'd be gagging to pop it on and pose for me?!

      Delete
    3. Did she?! Did she really?! I will if she will!

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous little girl Solid Gold Dancer # 1 is! Great pic.
    I'm loving Kylie's Frocktober. She is a top chick that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna. Kylie is a top chick, but then again, so are you. Two comedic ladies who make me guffaw and chortle all at once!

      Delete