1968 Australian home. Some Ruska. Teak furniture. Native Australian gardens. Splashes of Marimekko. Rimini blue Bitossi. 50s, 60s and 70s homes. House plants and succulents. Woody Allen. The occasional appearance by some Solid Gold Dancers. That's what you'll find here. And lashings of chutzpah thrown-in for good measure. Pull up a Suekichi Uchida and make yourself at home.
Sunday, October 27, 2013
Shelves
Here are three things on one of the Solid Gold Dancer's shelves ...
They are cute.
She likes Manga and Adventure Time and there's a random Danish bear for good luck.
Grandson #1 has an Adventure Time lunch box. Whether it was his choice or his dad's, I'm not sure. I'm actually pretty fascinated by anime and manga myself.
I didn't like anime cartoons when I was growing up, so I'm quite surprised that she likes them. She also reads manga - which isn't cheap. It's quite an industry. I've never seen an Adventure Time lunchbox! Lucky GS #1!
Annabel loves Adventure Time. Me sometimes too.
ReplyDeleteWe're big on Adventure Time here. It's very funny.
DeleteJuri and his daddy love Adventure Time!
ReplyDeleteMy email notification for your blog is letting me down. How did I miss all these mind blowing posts???
xo
Men of sophisticated taste ...
DeleteI posted about three posts in quick succession, that's maybe why you missed them. Don't worry too much.
Grandson #1 has an Adventure Time lunch box. Whether it was his choice or his dad's, I'm not sure. I'm actually pretty fascinated by anime and manga myself.
ReplyDeleteI didn't like anime cartoons when I was growing up, so I'm quite surprised that she likes them. She also reads manga - which isn't cheap. It's quite an industry. I've never seen an Adventure Time lunchbox! Lucky GS #1!
DeleteMy two love Adventure Time! It's bizarre beyond words to watch, but my fave characters are Tree Trunks and LSP.
ReplyDeleteSometimes the fart-type jokes irritate me, but it is well done. Tree Trunks is cute. Lady Rainicorn speaks Korean I've been told. That's bizarre!
DeleteAlways happy to see a random Danish anything really!~
ReplyDeleteI'm missing your e mail notifications too and finding them all at once like Debbish. Any cyber clues?
ReplyDeleteThere should be more randomness! Where's the incongruity now-a-days?! See my above comment to Deb and that should explain your email dilemma.
DeleteI love manga, Adventure Time, and little figurines too. Too cute :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Van. Figurines are good. That little manga one was a model. Her face can change. It's fun to re-configure her depending on her expression.
Delete