1968 Australian home. Some Ruska. Teak furniture. Native Australian gardens. Splashes of Marimekko. Rimini blue Bitossi. 50s, 60s and 70s homes. House plants and succulents. Woody Allen. The occasional appearance by some Solid Gold Dancers. That's what you'll find here. And lashings of chutzpah thrown-in for good measure. Pull up a Suekichi Uchida and make yourself at home.
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Around our place
I took some photos around our house last night and today, and then simply played with them using picmonkey.
In my mind, it certainly made hum-drum photos look a lot more interesting.
Thanks Zigsma. No, it doesn't feel like home. I'm not sure it will and I haven't been able to take any photos of it until today, and even then I doctored them.
Star Wars Clone Wars, I'm quite surprised at everyone's reaction.
Is this a new house? And you managed to make it look this good in such a short time? You're wonder woman. Could you fly over here and restyle my cottage? Take Martha with you.
Great photos - you've been busy finding homes for all those lovely pieces (children included!)... and your garden looks fab; I love those huge plants xx
PicMonkey is great isn't it, and I'm enjoy the new Picnik type features on Picasa too, and Befunky, which is. Such fun to be had with pics of the daily humdrum :D
You make me want to move house. The amount of washing is getting me down. I need a special room for it so that I never have to look in there. Look how big your boys are getting. Happy Easter!
I really like your style. Are you keeping the lamp sans shade? I have something similar that I found at an op shop but can't find a shade. I quite like the look of a nude lamp :-)
Aren't you snazzy with all your mad photo skills! I hope you're enjoying your new house. I've been up to my ears in nursing two kids and a baby with a bad flu bug. yuck.
Happy Easter Law Lady. Love the glimpses of your kids and your lush garden. Moving house, what a job! We're off for a long weekend of cow-wrangling. Yee-hah.
I bet there is some great new spots to hide in a game of hide and seek in the new place and the best thing about moving...clean oven. It is looking great, Happy Easter, cheers Katherine
Love this colourful peek into your house. vintage fisher price spotted, sigh. Love that long path surrounded by ferns- looks perfect for scootering. melx
Nothing hum-drum there at all, in my opinion Carmel. Gosh you've got some lovely stuff.
ReplyDeleteThank you Kylie. Really.
DeleteWhat wonderful photos of your home...and your children. Beautiful, all!
ReplyDeleteDana, thank you. Imagine if I lived in Dallas! Imagine what the place'd look like after I waved a credit card in your direction!
DeleteI cant see a lot of the photos for some reason, but of the ones i can see, all I can say is 'what a rad pad'!
ReplyDeleteMax,maybe the photos are too large. I might make them smaller. Can't have you missing out!
DeleteLook at all your cool pottery MMMC. Your new place looks so nice. xx
ReplyDeleteBrismod, thank you. A lot of dusting as you'd know. The photos are selected eg. no toilet, no boys' bedroom!
DeleteThese photos look so cool! I'll have to have a look at this picmonkey.Have a great Easter!x
ReplyDeleteLiz,
DeleteI didn't do too much on picmonkey, but what I did do made a complete difference to the photos esp. the ones of the boys.
Looks fantastic! So many interesting things to look at. :) Have a great Easter weekend....
ReplyDeleteKLT, I wonder if you saw your squirrel print above the Bitossi? Thank you.
DeleteYep! You really have some nice stuff for sure MMMC. So colourful and neat. Your new place looks pretty cool. Have a lovely Easter. xx
ReplyDeleteOh Pam. It's not that good. I cropped the photos. There's crap everywhere.
DeleteGreat photos! Your home looks awesome. You have some great stuff! Love the swan garden pot too.x
ReplyDeleteThank you Donna. The swan came from a good friend. It was her Aunt's. I love it, but it has demon eyes.
DeleteYour new house looks excellent! Does it feel like home yet? You have such wonderful things. Is 'Star Wars Clone Wars' Martha reading Rumpole?
ReplyDeleteThanks Zigsma. No, it doesn't feel like home. I'm not sure it will and I haven't been able to take any photos of it until today, and even then I doctored them.
DeleteStar Wars Clone Wars, I'm quite surprised at everyone's reaction.
Martha reads me Rumpole at beddy-byes time.
I don't believe for a second that you could take hum drum photos. Your house looks beautiful. Hope you are all settling in. Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter, GIV. Thank you.
DeleteIs this a new house? And you managed to make it look this good in such a short time? You're wonder woman. Could you fly over here and restyle my cottage? Take Martha with you.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos - you've been busy finding homes for all those lovely pieces (children included!)... and your garden looks fab; I love those huge plants xx
ReplyDeleteCoolness personified! Love the dog statuette in front of that very lovely face :)
ReplyDeleteThe house looks fantastic. I got vaguely Mid Century on my blog today.... (vaguely)
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter!
PicMonkey is great isn't it, and I'm enjoy the new Picnik type features on Picasa too, and Befunky, which is. Such fun to be had with pics of the daily humdrum :D
ReplyDeleteYou make me want to move house. The amount of washing is getting me down. I need a special room for it so that I never have to look in there. Look how big your boys are getting. Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteI really like your style. Are you keeping the lamp sans shade? I have something similar that I found at an op shop but can't find a shade. I quite like the look of a nude lamp :-)
ReplyDeleteLooks amazing.....
ReplyDeleteAren't you snazzy with all your mad photo skills! I hope you're enjoying your new house.
ReplyDeleteI've been up to my ears in nursing two kids and a baby with a bad flu bug. yuck.
Happy Easter Law Lady. Love the glimpses of your kids and your lush garden. Moving house, what a job!
ReplyDeleteWe're off for a long weekend of cow-wrangling. Yee-hah.
fun! blast of colors! nice details from your place.
ReplyDeletehave a great one dear!
I bet there is some great new spots to hide in a game of hide and seek in the new place and the best thing about moving...clean oven. It is looking great, Happy Easter, cheers Katherine
ReplyDeleteLove this colourful peek into your house. vintage fisher price spotted, sigh. Love that long path surrounded by ferns- looks perfect for scootering. melx
ReplyDeleteLove the selection of lovely finds! Happy new home to you! :)
ReplyDelete