I have a habit of referring to this tiled area as 'the foyer', for which I get a scoffing from the Husband.
He thinks that I think that we live in a 5-star hotel when I say 'foyer' or when, fluffy-robed, I say, 'Ring for room service again, dammit'.
He thinks that I think that we live in a 5-star hotel when I say 'foyer' or when, fluffy-robed, I say, 'Ring for room service again, dammit'.
Our house is also very yellow. Did I mention that?

LOVE those tiles!
ReplyDeleteEmbrace the sunshineyness. I would think a very yellow house would be cheery and fun. And, yeah, where is that damned room service anyway? We called an hour ago. :)
ReplyDeleteMy house is yellow too. I have discovered this is a polarizing colour and for a while I was a bit embarrassed but I got over it... Cheers xxx
ReplyDeleteI have many yellow walls in my home! Love the foyer tiles and are expecting a Betty (Mad Men) type pic soon with you posing with them!
ReplyDeleteI love your foyer tiles!!
ReplyDeleteWhere abouts have you moved to Carmel?x
Those tiles are gorJUSS!! I've quite a bit of yellow in my house aussi. It works though. Can we please see more photos of your new house? I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
ReplyDeleteI do like those tiles. Did they clinch the deal for you when you were house hunting? Having a bit of the pathology type stuff on the mind recently, I'm thinking they are a bit Alice through the microscope glass. Would you like paramecium with that?
ReplyDeleteLove the foyer tiles. I would never refer to my entryway as a foyer because I am always unsure of how to pronounce it....foy-rrr or foy-yay? When do we see the rest of your yellow house? Does it feel like home yet? How have the kids settled in? My kids always seemed to adjust much quicker than I did.
ReplyDeleteThose tiles are cool. You'll have to prise them off the floor and take them with you when you move on. xx
ReplyDeleteLove the tile in the foyer and the song!
ReplyDeleteMaybe a walk down memory lane.
ReplyDeleteI love those tiles too.
ReplyDeleteYour foyer comment reminds me of an acquaintance of mine who insisted on calling six concrete slabs ouside her back door, "the terrace"
If you've got a bar fridge, you're definitely fancy enough to have a foyer.
ReplyDeletelove the tiles in your foyer. Now, do you pronounce it "foy-yay" or "foy-er". I'm of the first persuasion.
ReplyDeleteAlso, cute little song!
I like your foyer very much. Foy-er I say. I need a bar fridge!
ReplyDeleteGiggles, you could say vestibule or grand entrance. I don't even think i spelt vestibule correctly, that is how non grand entrance our house is, especially as i'm cleaning out every wardrobe, drawer & nook in the house & our lobby has garbage bags for charity in it.
ReplyDeleteI call the lounge room 'the lounge' which makes my husband raise eyebrows as if we'll be smoking cigars in there, not folding washing & brushing children's hair!! Love Posie
I don't have a foyer and if i ring the bell my cats think it's playtime and start tearing the whole place down. But I have a lot of yellow in my house too. A LOT. And you know those tile look very mush the same with the ones I had in the kitchen of my previous apartment? Oh, in the seventies they really knew how to make tiles. And I have that same Ikea rug. In black, also.
ReplyDelete