I had a job interview today for the perfect job for me and my family and, in a post-interview reflection, I think the other man's going to get it. I just have that gut feeling.
The nail-in-the-coffin for me was the question from one of the panel: "Your last job was in 2007, what have you been doing since then?"
I replied, "Well, I've been studying. I've been raising four children. I've done voluntary legal work when I could fit it in, but most of my time has been spent ...
FINE-TUNING AUSTRALIA'S OLYMPIC BED-DIVING TEAM.
LIKE, YOU DON'T HAVE TICKETS?!"
Gold!
Gold!
(Okay, maybe that's a silver.)
Gold for Australia!







Hi Carmel - long time no comment - but lots of lurking!
ReplyDeleteI bet you wouln't swap coaching the bed-diving team for a full and complete resume.
good luck with the job.
Karen(from Katherine's front yard) x
Hello Karen from Katherine's front yard,
DeleteI wasn't really in the mood for the bed-diving team until they started bed-diving because before that they just reminded me of why I need a job.
I do wonder how your door's going.
I wonder that too...Katherine from Katherine's front yard
DeleteI can't believe thats Martha!!?
ReplyDeleteWow - she's grown so much!
I hope you do get it, and you're just being paranoid.XX
:-p
Jen,
DeleteShe's blossomed in the last fortnight. She'll be voting in the Council elections before I know it.
Fingers crossed you get the job! My cousin was coach for the Canadian olympic diving team a few years ago do if you ever need some pointers let me know :) what fun pics!
ReplyDeleteSarahB, I think the boys need professional coaching. And a trip to Canada. A long trip to Canada. Thank you.
DeleteGold, gold absolute gold ...those gorgeous little monkeys having an amazing time. Look at their faces just pure gold. Can't stop writing gold now!!!
ReplyDeletePam, I visited my MIL on the weekend, and guess what soap she had in the shower?! Someone's hand-made lavender soap, that's whose soap she had in the shower. I had my fair share of showers, let me tell you.
DeleteDon't go there Carmel, until you need to. They might've really liked your answer. I would've, if I was on the interview panel. I think you've achieved a LOT since 2007.
ReplyDeleteLove your kids p.js.
x
Love your pic's and I hope it turns around for you!
ReplyDeleteMMMC, this post just cracked me up. Your kids are GOLD!
ReplyDeleteYou will be fine. If you don't get this job, another one will come your way.
And if it makes you feel better I haven't had a full-time job for the past decade and my children will be on the Australian whinging team in London 2012. They're going for the world record, bless their nasally whiny vocal chords...xx
That's so funny, Brismod. I have another 3 members to join the Whinging Team ;-)
DeleteAdd another two!
DeleteI'm not letting mine see this post. 3/4 of them are currently attempting to go to sleep on the sofa bed in the loungeroom ... and how's that working for us you ask? They're on their final warning.
ReplyDeleteReally hope the job thing comes off for you ... I'm investigating some external study myself, can't imagine what my resume will look like.
If I was the boss, you'd have the job!
ReplyDeleteI'd hire you and the whole team of divers. I wonder why true talent goes unrecognized these days. Anyway, if they don't hire you it's just because the job isn that perfect after all.
ReplyDeleteBet the 'other' guy doesn't wear vintage cufflinks....you are a shoein!! Those photos are hilarious!! I can't work out the first photo...a kiddy spinning top maybe???
ReplyDeleteI thought you were going to say you don't think you'll get the job because you smacked the stupid git across the the back of the head after that bleeding obvious question! And funny ... I thought a spinning top-like child too :-) GOLD!
ReplyDeleteAh, the choices we mothers have to make. I never took any time out of my career to stay home with my daughter, and I'm sure there are so many things you've been able to experience that I didn't. I envy you. Your kids are adorable!
ReplyDeleteYou are the top gold medalist in my books! Love those dive bombs.
ReplyDeletexo
I'm crossing fingers for you! Let us know how it's going. I have three kids, and have been staying home for one year with them each. I've missed out on some job oppurtunities due to that, but that's not a big sacrifice.
ReplyDeleteI'd hire you like a shot, Makemine, despite your hat notions. Is it ok to call you Makemine? Are we on first name terms? I can already tell after reading a few posts that you will often make me laugh, so we may as well cut the formality straight away, no?
ReplyDeleteIt stinks - no other word for this prejudice by the wife-supported male.
ReplyDeleteIf you had a wife you'd be working since 2007.
Don't get me started.
Chillun very bouncy.
THey should be saying,"Good God, Rumpole! Did you hear what she has done! Raised four kids, completed a law degree, volunteered for law firms. The woman is a dynamo! We MUST have her!!!! Stat! " (Or would that be a medical job?) Maybe they are or maybe like half the population of the planet they don't get it either! Their loss!
ReplyDeleteooh bed diving! Can I still get tickets?
ReplyDeleteI wrote a resume this week too, and listed my children in my 'experience' column - it filled in the gaps. Why are the gaps only on paper?
ReplyDeleteI really hope you get it but they don't sound a very bright bunch though asking such a stupid question. I bet they don't ask a 24 year old uni graduate the same question. They are ageist. How are the new hiding places going in the new house? Great photography of the superb bed diving.
ReplyDeleteAnd your Martha is HUGE!! I want tickets! Maybe some of the panel have children? You never know...
ReplyDeleteGold - solid Gold! Pah re the job questio. I would have been so tempted to say working for MI6 - obviously if you told them anymore you'd have to kill them. If they doubted you an MI6 agent was recently found naked in a sports bag that was padlocked from the outside. Just for good measure the bag was placed in his bathtub. The perfect job is waiting for you, until it arrives spend a little more time in the foyer. M-L
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I had an interview on Friday and stated on my CV that in my absence from employment since 2006 I had produced two children and completed two full-scale renovations; all of which drew on my people management skills. The interviewer found it amusing. Yours in waiting and seeing. I've been informed they will get back to me on Friday. Tick tock.
ReplyDeletePS - Gold for Mother. I'm awful and say "that's what the trampoline is for."
ReplyDeleteThankfully there was no test for entering letters to validate I'm not a robot. I would most certainly fail.
Oh good luck, maybe just be a part time bed diving coach?? From the looks of the skill level, you have done your job!! I think they might like a little humour, oh wait, it's law, perhaps not. Love Posie
ReplyDelete