Monday, April 23, 2012

Things you wouldn't believe if I didn't have photographic evidence to show you.



Our house has, what could be described as, a Granny Flat. Until today, it had a pair of unattractive curtains which irritated me.


But I've been slowly working on changing that.


Thank you overlocker and Ikea. What a match made in heaven.


Ikea's always there when I need it most. The above fabric is one of its latest. I had planned on using it for another set of curtains in a different room, but couldn't bare the thought of it fading in the morning sun. So I've left it as a tablecloth, so children can just spill food on it instead.


Speaking of food, I made Brismod's Pineapple/Sausage/Rice combo. I've got to agree with her verdict ... this tropical-bovine concoction didn't really do anyone's tastebuds any favours.


What does do us a lot of gastronomical favours is baked eggs on a Sunday morning.


Get that into you, Chubby Chops.


This is her room. It's in need of some shelves and a new quilt. The shelves are in the garage


and the quilt's ready for some batting.


You may not believe the following story, but it's true. Brace yourself.

Last night I was watching television and my eyes drifted over to the Play Family Camper. I've had this since the late 70's and, even to this day, have always put the boat on the roof ...  like so.


But last night, I noticed that someone (not me as I'm a creature of habitus) had put the boat on UPSIDE DOWN ... like so ...


... the way it's probably meant to be. 

Logically, that's how one would put a boat on a camper, so as not to catch the rain etc.

After three decades ... just goes to show.


18 comments:

  1. ... an old dog can learn new tricks ;-) With regards to the tablecloth, I think it would have given me the heebeejeebees as a child that I would have been too scared to spill a drop on it in case one of those faces leapt out from the fabric Edvard Munch style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the curtains, tablecloth, quilt, family camper, kids...Love it all. I want those baked eggs now.

    I have to go now and scramble a dozen eggs for a dozen seniors. I'll have a bite too.

    Clever child that figured out that boats go upside down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new curtains! I'm glad you used those faces for the table, I think if I woke up to them in the morning I'd be scared. Imagine that boat on the camper, you've brought up some smart kiddos. Must be those egguses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house is looking great, as well as that quilt! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say it was eating the pineapple and sausage dish that raised some small person's mental acuity enough to turn the boat round. Three cheers for the colourful curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my experience shelves make no difference and I would lose a child on that tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The granny flat sounds perfect for a future child minder. That table cloth I could also see as a doona cover. Or even framed on a wall it is very dramatic. I would have done almost anything for that camper as a kid, even now I wouldn't mind having a play, it is super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! i just thought how funny that fabric would look as a curtain or blind. It could make you very uncomfortable! On the other hand you could face it out and disturb the neighbours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baked eggs? Where's mine?
    Granny flat eh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with Mise - I find that my wits are much sharper with our sausage and pineapple diet. You will find your children's IQs will sky-rocket. The ikea fabric is great. It does make for a happier home. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Ikea fabric is great. In fact, I love several of the Ikea fabric patterns. I think the Majka in orange and gray and black is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Old dog new boat placement! Life is full of change... Love that Miffy plate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the table cloth is ace, it reminds me of Mr Benn (a uk 70's kids cartoon) and the chair in that first photo is rather cool too x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't believe no-one liked the sausage/pineapple/rice combo. I have that Golden Circle pineapple recipe book and seriously EVERYTHING tastes better with a inned rings of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. pimping that granny flat!
    i love it!
    looking good.
    enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Blind Freddy could have told you the Sausage Tropicana was bound for failure.
    The Grand Parents will love the curtains - I do too. I'd like an over locker very much, and an IKEA.
    You clearly have a genius on your hands. Of course the boat goes upside down. Whatever next?!

    ReplyDelete