I unpacked an old set of baby scales. I think my mother used these when she was a practising paediatrician.
I've never known how to properly work them and, for that reason alone, I made the solemn vow to reject the Hippocratic Oath and not to be a medical practitioning person.
It involves a complicated balancing act of weights and sliding things and crying babies.
I've had the scales for years and will put them away again so they don't get broken.
It involves a complicated balancing act of weights and sliding things and crying babies.
I've had the scales for years and will put them away again so they don't get broken.
We spent Easter just west of TooWOOMba which, for those of you who don't know, is a regional Queensland town ... as opposed to TooWONG, which is an inner-city suburb of Brisbane.
Lucky the Easter Bunny's on-the-ball and was able to interpret this note. I like how its author completely dispensed with any unnecessary niceties and got straight to the point.



Forget those scales- what about that WALLPAPER! Absolute wonderfulness. Roboboy left an extensive over wordy and overdetailed note in the format of one giant sentence for the Easter bunny directing him on where exactly to leave eggs so little sisters could find them. Suspect he has been reading my blog and copying my formats. Love your note for all the above reasons.
ReplyDeleteThat sign is amazing.
ReplyDeleteI just love the note. I assume you will keep it for posterity? That will be great to look back on down the track :)
ReplyDeleteLove your Mum's old scales, wallpaper/curtains(?), Cabbage Patch baby and the note. At least its writer remembered to say thank you...although there's a bit of assuming going on.
ReplyDeleteOh congratulations on the new baby! How must Martha feel now she's been usurped as the baby? xx
ReplyDeleteCome to think of it, there is a lot of jiggling & hand swishing going on with those scales. All for show I say ;-)
ReplyDeleteWould be nice if Toowoomba was a little closer to the action at Toowong. Having been a resident of both it's hard to have a preference. Hope the bunny could read.
ReplyDeleteWith those big ole hands signalling the bunny in, I'm sure he had no trouble finding you all. I love the note, short, direct, to the point.
ReplyDeleteAren't children amazing? I hope said Easter Bunny found them. I love those scales.
ReplyDeleteWhat are you calling your new baby?
ReplyDeleteHorace.
DeleteMy baby Curly hails from Toowoomba. I'm sure there is a joke about Confucious going toowongba.
ReplyDeletemaybe it's the doll, but there is something about those scale pictures that is creepy...
ReplyDeleteand, as to above comment to which you replied the new baby's name is Horace...did you know there is a cartoon where one of the characters is a horse named Horace who passes obnoxious gass when nervous?! Planet Sketch. It must be on youtube. I'm sure Horsey and Eustace would enjoy.
I think I would like a relaxing weekend in toowongba myself. Very cute drawing. I hope you had a lovely weekend. :)
ReplyDeleteSo cute I love the big hands....
ReplyDeletea cabbage doll! right?
ReplyDeletelove those names of yours in australia...
such a great groove to them.