I've been thinking about my Bitossi ashtrays. They are no use as ashtrays because I don't smoke, but they would be good to pull-out at a function similar to the below.
Ha! Aren't they having a great time? They're thinking, "Yum. Love those 'Devils on Horseback' which are being handed around. Egad! But has she served them on a pair of mismatched Bitossi ashtrays?" Woody Allen in the background isn't impressed ... but he never is.
I'd be better serving hors d'oeuvres on something similar to this ...
Cute, isn't it? It's called 'solitaire' and you can get it from www.thorstenvanelten.com (the people who sell the toy truck).
This blog is at a cracking pace which I'm not sure I can maintain, Three Readers.

It may be the witching hour upon me, but I'm a thinking those pictured are clinkin' glasses at a wake ...
ReplyDeletePerhaps Woody just made some comment about the olives resembling the eyes of the departed ...
That's a bit depressing, Anonymous. No room for morbidity here!
ReplyDeleteFurthermore Anonymous,
ReplyDeleteif this picture was of a wake ... they wouldn't be standin' around laughin' and clinkin', they'd be standin' around coughin'.
Ha! (Think I've hit my stride, Three Readers.)