Friday, May 28, 2010

Musty Museum

Sometimes it's hard to be flippant when serious things are happening in your life.

Today, we went to the museum. I must say, some of the exhibits are a bit moth-eaten, but we had a nice time.

But in the back of my mind, I knew something else was unfolding in another place.


So, you can be frolicking in one area of the planet and, meanwhile, very serious things are occurring in somewhere else.

Unfortunately, this thing turned out badly. I never contemplated it would, and I suggested to the person involved that he should stand his ground and stick to his guns because, after all, he was right.

I misjudged it and he wasn't perceived as right.

It's hard to know when to stand up for yourself and when sometimes you have to buckle. I'm of the opinion that you stand your ground and fight the fight. In retrospect, that may be naive stubbornness.

I wish I'd made the opposite suggestion - to give in and move on. It's too late for that now.

I prefer when things in life are simple -  when all I have to worry about is whether there's enough petrol in the car to get to-and-from school.

But life's not like that, is it Three Readers?

It might be time to read this book ...


Which contributed to the legend of on this person ...


I was going to show you the dress I made which Child 1 thinks looks like a tablecloth. I'll do that another time.

3 comments:

  1. Do you remember taking me there to see a animatronic (spelt correctly) exhibition of life-sized dinosaurs? I was up visiting you for the weekend, and you took me on all sorts of adventures. We also saw the first Batman movie.
    I may not remember what I did yesterday, but I remember the things that count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure that was me? I can't remember it. How old was I? I can't even remember seeing the Batman movie. I don't remember starting this blog. Who are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was you. The year was 1989. I remember because it was a rare and magical experience.

    ReplyDelete