Hello four readers (three if we exclude myself).
I wonder how many of you remember the OLD Fisher Price circa early 70s? I do!
Here is a Fisher Price bus. With some Little People.
When I was a little person, I loved playing with it, and we played for hours with the sets we had. We were very lucky children, with extremely glamorous parents who'd jet-set off to Hawaii and trawl back with Fisher Price hidden in their bulging suitcases. I also remember getting rosary beads from Hawaii in Grade Two - go figure that one out?
Here is the text from a postcard my mother wrote to me from Hawaii ...
Dear C,
Well, we have arrived, and are enjoying the change in atmosphere. We should come back revitalised for 1980! Hope all is well with you all, and helping Penny, and being happy. It really isn't long till we see you. Things are a bit different here - they call it progress! However, we're still having fun. Much love Mum and Dad.
See? You can still have fun despite the march of progress. The onset of the 1980s must have been traumatic for us. And I must have been miserable, if Mum had to remind me to be happy!
I'm happy now the 80s are over.
Anyway, our Fisher Price has been in storage for about 10 years, and I got some out the other day. It all required a good clean because it wasn't stored very well, and unfortunately some has to go - I'm builiding myself up to throw away the Family Play House which I got for Christmas when I was five. It's a bit rotten and mouldy, but it's a tear-jerker when you see the little rooms again. Hmmm ...
Ah, the Sesame Street set was a classic. We've lost Bert and Ernie, and Big Bird. But we still have Gordon, Oscar the Grouch and Mr Hooper.
This is just the start. I was swimming in the stuff the other day. Just you wait eager readers!

I loved Oscar the Grouch in Fisher Price form. I am glad he is still enjoying adventures in Sesame St.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if the albums 'Grover plays the Blues' and 'C is for Cookie' are on iTunes now.
ReplyDelete