I took the four children to the dentist this morning. For the sake of this blog, they will hereon in be titled Child 1, Child 2, Child 3, Child 4.
Of course, despite constant efforts to have three-quarters of said offspring clean their teeth twice a day, I left the dentist with a hefty bill and a filling for each child.
The dentist was eyeing-off Child 4. Child 4 is only nine-months and did a great job of displaying her own four teeth. Hopefully, by the time she's in the chair I'll have the teeth-cleaning thing down.
I'm not sure what it is with dentists now - having never had a filling myself, I am surprised at the terrible condition of my children's teeth - possibly it is better orthodontal technology, possibly a poorer diet, very likely not having had the benefit of fluoride. Who knows.
On another topic, I did say I would enlighten you with witty anecdotes from various judgments which I have the joyous task of perusing.
The following comes from Supreme Court Justice Thomas in the matter of Blizzard v O'Sullivan which involved the consideration of whether the decision of the Police Commissioner, to terminate a police officer's employment contract, was capable of judicial review. Thomas J said, "It is true that the initial appointment was made by the Governor in Council, and perhaps a tidy mind might think that there should be some similar public record of the cancellation of the appointment". What a nice sentence, and how true, if something is initiated in a certain way, then it should be finalised in the same way ... just to keep everything neat.
A tidy mind ... something which to aspire.
Now this scintillating post has probably taken me about 20 minutes. Time which I really don't have and will see whether I can be bothered to maintain.
This tidy mind advised about fluoride to a deaf and closed mother mind!
ReplyDeleteForget the promise of fluoride in water.
Buy it and give it to them until they are 12 or so.
Then, time to spend up on orthodontics!
Thank you Denise. I notice you aren't following my blog. I'll buy some fluoride.
ReplyDelete