Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Penguins and bush turkeys ...

Sometimes when you're away from home, it's easy to feel a bit homesick. You pine for your bed, you miss the familiar accent, you think about your friends, family, penguins ...

that's why Child 2 likes to keep his polystyrene snowman in the freezer.

Occassionally we'll take him out for some sun, but then he gets popped back, by the peas, so that he can think of home.


When we've put the snowman back where he belongs, I ponder my current battle with bushturkeys. Above is an example of the havoc they are wreaking in our yard. The ceramic duck does nothing to dissuade them, and I have come close to hitting one with a golf ball, but unfortunately they return.

Noodle doesn't hear them, and when he does see one, he'll nonchalantly wee on the leg of a deck chair.

What to do ... what to do?

I'm thinking this blog was a fabulous idea! I now have to tell various people to go to bed ... possibly listening to a lecture about the Ombudsman will drive them all to their beds.

And, can I hear someone tapping from inside the freezer?

3 comments:

  1. You can't do much about bush turkeys unfortunately. They are very deeply programmed to dig. Good for my garden because they help to keep my soil nicely turned over. However, not helpful if you have anything planted in the soil which you want to live.

    A cat might help? Mine would love a crack at a bush turkey or two, but alas they must be content with watching from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Additionally, you have an inordinately clean freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ct for your comment. You are a loyal, but surrepticious reader ... but I sense your presence.

    The freezer home to the snowman is just that; his home. We have another fridge and freezer which contains the usual freezer ubiquitousness.

    ReplyDelete