Monday, May 31, 2010

Toys! Toys! Toys!

Three Readers, you know I love a good toy. Well, as Child 4 heads towards her first birthday, I'm casting my mind over possible presents which will amuse her, while raising the toy standard in the toy box. 

I'd like to give her something which she can keep -  and my approach this year is quality over quantity.

So imagine how excited I became when I saw these this morning ...


The Vulli tree house. My brother had one of these, but I think the ones they are producing now are a bit more advanced - bird sounds etc. Vulli is the French company who makes Sophie la girafe. Mention that today in social circles!

I'm really thinking some blocks - develop a possible future architect. These are cute, but the below would have to be the piece de resistance of blocks!

I could spend hours, well maybe about 20 minutes over and over again, constructing the Eames House. So would I be buying them for her or me?

This kid is having too much fun! Child 4's a bit young for these, unfortunately.

Three Readers, I may have to give up the blog for a while, as I have this book to commit to memory before June 21.


But you know what I'd prefer to do ... yes ... have a one-way conversation in cyber-space!

2 comments:

  1. Aww I loved that tree house even though by the time it got to me there was not much left but a shell. That is brilliant.

    I do like the toy-slant of your mid-century ceramics based blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you the only one reading this? I need to make my posts more exciting to widen the readership.

    Otherwise, I should just email you.

    ReplyDelete