Day One of my 14-Day Marathon Clean-a-thon didn't go as planned.
I plan on stripping bare and squeaky-cleaning everyroom of this house before Snorkmaiden arrives. Can't have her thinking we live like pigs. Can we?
But instead of de-moulding the bathroom, we went with some friends to a kids comedy show .... recommended by Zigsma.
Lots of fart/bottom humour was involved.
I found myself smiling, even though in sophisticated circles, I poo-poo poo humour.
And a parcel arrived from Anna Bartlett. I'd only ordered it about half-an-hour before it arrived. It's super. And I'd show you more, but it's for presents for my mother and mother-in-law so I don't want to give the game away.
Getcha gear off. I'm cleaning tomorrow, thrillseekers!





I have to ask? Who is snorkmaiden?? Have I missed something or have you employed a Dr Seuss type character as your au pair???
ReplyDeleteHey! Crochet Moomin's on Sale now at the Lark - http://www.larkmade.com.au/products/sale.html?limit=all I don't know you, but when I see a moomin I think of you LOL!
ReplyDeleteYou only 'smiled'? You're way too machoore for me.
ReplyDeleteAFW,
ReplyDeleteSnorkmaiden is nomenclature of the lovely child-minder from Finland who'll last a week before she ditches us.
Lyn,
saw that. As did some children who have me in screws to purchase said crocheted Moomin! Thank you!
Zigsma,
I may have laughed out loud (here-and-there) and may have considered returning to see their compooter show for a discounted ticket-price since we'd seen the first show. One of our group got a call-up on stage! Most impressed with our little family friend and her ability to press the 'fart noise' button!!
A couple of weeks ago I cleaned out, washed and restacked everything in my Tupperware and other storage cupboard. It took me hours! I haven't done any cleaning since as I think I o-d'd!
ReplyDeletePs I don't mind a bit of bottom humor every so often :)
Day 3 of my clean-a-thon and I'm still in Room 1 ... oh dear! And I don't even have a Heidi or Inga coming to enjoy at the end of it.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great start to your clean-a-thon. What will day two promise?
ReplyDeleteI'm in awe that you can take your mob to a show. Our littlest has the attention span of a gnat! xx
Missed you by a day at the Powerhouse. I'm sure I would have recognised those Skandi tshirts you guys were wearing :-) My kids wanted to do the elastic weaving musical thingy but I nearly swore out aloud when told it was $18 ... each! Hey kids, it's cheaper for me to buy you some odd clothes from an op shop, tear them into long strips, put you in a confined space and then start playing some off key music whilst you tie yourselves up! What was the show called you saw? We love a good fart joke in this house ;-)))
ReplyDeleteI'm tired already just hearing about your cleaning plan. Day 2 of retirement: Hubby wishing we could hire a cleaning lady. oops.
ReplyDeleteI love how your children are Scandily clad.
SarahB,
ReplyDeleteI know the cleaning overdose. Doesn't happen often. I did the Tupperware thing today and then realised we have more plastic boxes than food.
Fiona,
It's pointless really. And I don't have two rural properties to manage! Or cows to inseminate. I don't know how you do it.
Brismod,
In retrospect, a kids' show is a great thing to take gnats to. Martha was not interested in anything going on, and was climbing up stairs and talking to other kids in the audience, and crying while the show was on, but because it was pandemonium, no one batted an eyelid.
LMAG, I think everything must be about $18. Our tickets were about $17 each, but then we won't go out again until 2015, so all things considered, it was cheap. The show was called 'The List Operators: Better than a Wii" (or something like that). I'd heartily recommend it particularly for 7-10 year olds.
Deb,
boom! boom! You could do a stand-up show in Brisbane. (Hey! That's your ticket over here!)
Gee. I never thought about that. You're my agent, get me some venues.
ReplyDeleteSo much better than cleaning...
ReplyDeletein that first picture it totally looks like your kids are peeing! It made me laugh.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your clean-a-thon. My goal is a mere 15 minutes everyday...you'd think that would be achievable what with no kids and no pets, but you'd be wrong.
Sorrowfully, I'm with Laura.
ReplyDeleteThey're urinating in the second pic too.
Must have had a big night out.
I looked really hard but found nothing in your pics of this day out to raise a smile let alone a guffaw.
Looked like a pleasant day chilling out in the sun! (an oxymoron?)
What poo show? We love to laugh at bottoms, poo and farts as they are a big chunk of daily life here between the chooks and the chillun. My favourite farty show so far was the Tashi one where they fart dragon eggs repeatedly ...could that still be around? I still have younger degenerates to degenerate.
ReplyDeleteNudist cleaning?! Well I never. That elastic spider web looks like great fun; I've heard about it.
ReplyDeleteCleanliness is next to godliness.