Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day Two - 14 Day Marathon Clean-a-thon

Day Two of the 14 Day Marathon Clean-a-thon didn't go as planned.

I realised the 14-Day Marathon Clean-a-thon was only ever nine days. Algorithms, logarithms, algebra and basic double-digit addition being the chink in my cerebral armour.



After yesterday's quick pantry-cleaning effort, I realised we had a lot of half-empty Tupperware containers parading about as food. The jig was up when I removed those containers and realised we actually had no food. Wheat and barley may have been sustenance in Jesus' day. But not today.


So, 2011AD we all went to the supermarket for a sizable investment in perishables and consumptionables.

I'm going to use today's shopping docket as a template shopping list for on-line shopping from now on. If Grandma and Grandad can do it then, dammit, we can too.


I am on a mission to run gaily forth, with arms extended, to embrace the second-tenth of the New Millennium which includes online grocery shopping and getting a mobile phone which is connected to the Internet.

I know.

(Standing.) I'm a completely different person from the Luddite who used to appear before you, Your Honour. (Sitting down.)

As for cleaning though, I scrubbed the bathroom tiles.

I washed some French windows. Oui. Oui. I did.



I cleaned out some cutlery drawers.

Things look pretty much the same as they did before but a little bit gleamier.


And we traded in this European luxury motor vehicle/piece of crap for a new Japanese car. Gone are the days of being ripped off by the man. YOU HEARD IT HERE PEOPLE!!

(Standing.) My apologies, Your Honour. I have an 'app' which honks when it 'Senses One's Irate'. (Sitting down on apple. Lunch. Not i-pod-thing which is still honking.)

I loved that car despite its serious unroadworthiness.

Who remembers Bros? Tonight, for some reason, I did. When will I?

19 comments:

  1. I completly forgot Bros. And it was a good thing.
    Your old volvo looks in good shape from this angle. You should see my Focus. No angles can make her look good (yes, SHE's a girl).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the thing. It looked good, but it's insides were something to behold! And it seemed like all the car dealers knew the foibles of that model!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a brave woman who shows her cupboards and drawers to the world. Specially her drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe i just pressed the play button on Bros! They sound even squeakier than i remember!

    Let us know how you get on with the online shopping - never done that!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been incredibly busy! I am so impressed by your magnificent and well-stocked pantry. I am also impressed by your choice of music. I haven't heard that song in years!

    I love it that you are embracing online shopping. Are you a Coles or a Woolies girl?

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must be getting old as I'm feeling nervous thinking about grocery shopping on the net. Clothing, homewares and so on- I'm a pro. But then I suppose it might stop me buying too many naughty things?
    Oh yes Bros, of course I remember them. I was a fan. Was that the same time as Rick Astley? They seem to have the same jackets and dance style.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never cease to make me laugh. I really want to commit a crime just so you could be my lawyer!
    Actually remembering all of my Bros posters could just be considered a crime...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pantry re-supply should last you just over a week, eh? I like that your pantry has a fire extinguisher at the ready. We need to have something like that too.

    And a new car is always exciting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a tidy pantry. Makes me feel so in control.

    Mmmm, Bros. Not sure if I want to remember Bros or not. They didn't seem to be famous for very long....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never heard of the Bros until now. I wish I never had.
    All I can focus on is the on-line grocery shopping. Oh, how I wish we had that here!
    Beautiful pantry. You shall never see mine.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. First I love your cutlery....and what clean pantry, lets just say mine don't look that good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, BROS!!!! I actually have them on my MP3 player so hear them quite often (very loud), it always wants to make me dance around like a fool... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are famous to me. Would have been more famous if we'd made it onto Oprah though. Alas. It was nought to be.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love online groceries but am too embarrassed to do it from this house as we are 700m from the supermarket and the truck is not discrete... and Bros sometimes pops into my head, it is usually 'Drop the Boy' though :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor bad volvo.
    Our volvo just wont start. Bad, bad volvo.

    BUT, here in Norway, volvo is quite cheap to fix so... As long as it goes im happy.

    By the way it looks like you have alot of things :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Did you buy a people mover to move your people? Remember the Partridge family bus? Now that was a real people mover. Imagine rocking the law associates socks if you rolled up in that at the annual Christmas shin dig!

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha, entertaining as usual! Are you sure you want to be a lawyer? I think you've missed a calling as a comedic writer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've heard of Bros.
    Congrats on the new car. Our mechanic tells me to buy a Japanese car every time I whinge why things are so expensive for the VW.
    Your friend in cerebral maths chinks, although I think I've a number of chinks. I'm loving chink.
    There's a cat amongst the pigeons. Pantry envy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh, your cleaning efforts put my own to shame.

    ReplyDelete