Monday, June 27, 2011

Whoopee!


Law Degree. Fin!

It only took 6.5 years.

And it looks like Martha's sporting a mullet! 

Double whammy.


52 comments:

  1. woohoo!!! Huge congratulations, it must feel amazing to tick that one off the list!! Also, love Martha's top, very cute!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, what an amazing effort with 4 kids! well done to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow congratulations, what a huge accomplishment x
    p.s Babyhood mullets are cuuute! Adult mullets not so much..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Carmel!
    You must be so pleased/relieved!!

    I can't believe how much Martha's hair has
    grown - makes her look so much older!XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so so so clever!! Congratulations!! Not many are brave and able enough to conquer a degree and (4) babies. Sheesh!! Big big hug to you Carmel, you are a legend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge congratulations to you!
    A law degree whilst birthing babies and raising small children ... where's your cape?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I need a long lie down just thinking about the idea of attempting a degree with the small ones charging about the place.

    And Martha's PJs/top is rather fabulous - I have a pyrex roaster dish with a very similar veggie pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A law degree & a 4th born with a mullet, congratulations, going for Legal Aide are we?? Totally well done on the edumacation, your honour, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, aren't you all lovely?

    I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I finished. I did cry a bit walking to the bus. Always a good look.

    And then I heard a very ordinary busker singing a self-penned ditty entitled "Everywhere masacre" over-and-over with only those lines, so I snapped out of my melancholy and felt like pushing him into his guitar case.

    Martha's shirt is Danish. From her little cousin in London. Scandinavian clothes are a bit hit-and-miss. This one's a good one. I should do a post on their various qualities.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that's brilliant! Oh and you finishing off your degree is pretty good as well :)
    No, really, that's fantastic, congratulations you clever person you. I'm very impressed (talking about martha's mullet now) he he he ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!!!! That is an amazing accomplishment to see it through for 6.5 years; I know I would have put it on that invisible back burner where most of the things I try to do end up. Hope you're not going to be toooo busy with your new career to keep blogging;) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending you a virtual high five...not the kids singing group variety :) Well done Carmel. I know how hard you must have worked and it is truly a brilliant achievement. I hope your new lawerly life brings you nothing but pleasure (apart from the moolah of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. CON.GRAT.U.LA.TIONS!!! I can't say it emphatically ENOUGH! Such an achievement. You should be so proud of yourself! NO MORE ASSIGNMENTS!!! Well, at least you'll get paid for them in the future. Congratulations, Carmel. So happy for you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!!!! So exciting to be finally done but my goodness, now you'll have to get a boring job (or hopefully an interesting one?)

    Hope you're having celebratory dinner at your place tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, dearest Carmel!
    Big hug and kisses,
    admiring,
    Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  16. yippee! Congratulations! I think I need to find something alcoholic in this house to toast you with!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're amazing. What an achievment. Make sure you take a moment to savour it, and celebrate such a huge achievment before you stick it to the man, and race away with your new career.
    You should feel very proud of yourself.

    Well done!! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoopee Yippee COngratulations!
    You should be extremely proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Carmel, bravo you! I know how much hard work you've had to put into that (and I didn't have any children when I studied law so you're a marvel). So where will this path lead to? I'm intrigued. J x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing and fantastic. Many congratulations and best of luck with your career as a lawyer -- or perhaps writer of law-themed novels. Why not??
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, very impressive, well done. :)

    In a tired crazy moment of weakness I gave mr toddler a horrorshow haircut on the weekend, martha's hair on the other hand is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay! Now here come the Lawyer jokes.

    Why don't sharks attack Lawyers........

    ..... professional courtesy BOOM BOOM!

    Well done Carmel, such a huge thing to achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you everyone for your congratulations.

    I've drunk more than my share of a bottle of wine (Martha, you've had enough!) and eaten half an Indian takeaway something-or-other.

    I forgot to tell you I have to do another six-month post-grad ... but will use Estelle's joke to make some new on-campus friends.

    A Free "Last Will and Testament" for everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. YAY!!!! Congratulations all around!!! I can just imagine shedding a tear or two after all that.

    Martha's mullet and a whoopee cushion, life doesn't get any better than that!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. hahahahaaaa!
    Martha, guess what? Lambie got a haircut yesterday! i hope she made you happy the other day just like your whoopee mullet face made me right now.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank goodness we've got another six months to enjoy photos of all the piles of paper you have to read. Wouldn't want to go cold turkey (or actually read any of them myself or anything).
    But a huge congratulations! At the beginning 6.5 years seems like such a huge amount of time (and it really is!) and now you've done it!
    What do you have to do to get a curly wig?

    ReplyDelete
  27. GEFELICITEERD!!!! :-)
    Marjan/ Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  28. So very impressive! What an amazing accomplishment! And I know you won't mind answering all of our law type questions... maybe you should set up a pay-pal button on your blog!

    Congrats on your achievements!

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!
    Congratulations! Six and a half years with four kids is like you took your degree in a blink to me. You're great. I finally know who will take my defense if I get arrested.

    Agent : 'you can call a lawyer of your choice or..'
    Me: 'Yes, please, can I make a call to... AUSTRALIA?'

    I think they would all be impressed. And then you would come to the trial carryng your own chair, Eeames or jacobsen, because mid Century style in a court would look so good.

    Ah! Congrats Carmel!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations on that great achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well done !! Now to bring in the big bucks, just kidding. Thanks for your wishes about Lotte we are home now and all good, cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love a good mullet. Congratulations - you are extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yay for you! An incredible achievement lady. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Big thumbs up to you! How very very exciting! Time to embark on the next chapter of your life! Go get 'em tiger!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Yay!!! Congrats. That is a very big achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow Carmel that is fantastic! Congratulations, you are very inspiring! xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. yay! CONGRATULATIONS! Now I can threaten people with "oh yea, don't make me call me lawyer"! ps, how much do you charge to stay on 'threat retainer' ?

    also, mullet has got to go or I may have to phone child services, this is a serious offense!

    Have you seen any Canadian news lately?! We're having a wild turkey problem in Barrie, Ontario. They are protected so citizens are just left to the whim of the wild birds. Made me think of you and your crazy bush turkeys.

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hoop-di doo! I smell a Mexican buffet/ kaftan wearing/ mid century bungalow warming soiree coming up. Beebleboy had better get his beeble wrap ready and you need to iron some nice frocks for work. It will be Judge Carmel before we know it. MMMarvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hardly know what to say, Carmel. I'm totally in awe with what you have accomplished! For meit would have been an impossible achievement. Lots and lots of hugs and congratulations!
    Guess you'll be blogging full time now...?
    Hugs Lilli

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh - a few more assingnments then, and then NO MORE ASSIGNMENTS!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Super congratulations on finishing that law degree while keeping marriage and all 4 children intact. You are a TOTAL legend. I did a six year degree sans children and nearly completely unraveled in the 5th year just wanting to run away and become a florist. I do think being a mother automatically elevates the multitasking abilities to a level of supremacy though. So what's next, barrister? judge? melx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ohhh you!! You know you are a super star! When my four were wee ones it's all I could do to put 3 squares on the table and find clean undies for everyone. Way to go!!! Be proud girl, you've earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  43. CONGRATULATIONS! That's awesome!!! And inspiring. Love your work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  44. carmel, congratulations! that must be such a good feeling now, relief, satisfaction you name it!
    good luck, and enjoy the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  45. oh my goodness! where you do get the time? a big congratulations - its very inspirational stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Big hug and hearty congratulations!!!! ANd if anyone can pull off a mullet, Martha can. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Yay, congratulations. Sorry it took me a while. Catching up on blogs!!

    ReplyDelete