bow tie from here
Should I buy the tie?
Image from here.
This would certainly help me tie my bow.
Take a bow, humble bow tie.
1968 Australian home. Some Ruska. Teak furniture. Native Australian gardens. Splashes of Marimekko. Rimini blue Bitossi. 50s, 60s and 70s homes. House plants and succulents. Woody Allen. The occasional appearance by some Solid Gold Dancers. That's what you'll find here. And lashings of chutzpah thrown-in for good measure. Pull up a Suekichi Uchida and make yourself at home.
Oh please don't. I had a guy who used to work for me who would torment me by wearing a bowtie to work every Wednesday. This may be why I like to take Wednesdays off when I can. A lasting scar:)
ReplyDeleteJust make sure it doesn't fall off when you have to 'bow' to the judge in the courtroom.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, I love them especially on chicks!
Pam x
So, it seems no one but Pam is a fan of the bow tie. You're all just too polite not to say so ... except for the woman from Canberra!
ReplyDeleteoh Yes... what a great touch to a nice, plain, Business Suit (skirt or pants), crisp white shirt (ironed of course!!!!), and a Bow Tie in a cheeky colour/pattern... definitely a Yes.
ReplyDeleteSeperate to Kerry, i'm also from Canberra & well, atleast when my husband wears a bowtie he actually ties it properly!! When i was at Uni & working part time at a telecommunications company, i had to work opposite a guy who refused to wear the 'business attire tie' so he wore a collection of bowties, worthy of my string of professors, i could not escape them!! Argh!! That bowtie would look neat with a business suit & clogs, don't stop at plaits either, love Posie
ReplyDeleteI love a bald man with glasses wearing a bow tie.....hmmmm ,DASHING!
ReplyDeleteI love bow ties. I say rock it!
ReplyDeleteCheck out this blog post I found on women wearing bow ties:
http://blog.blowfishshoes.com/blog/take-bow
The husband always wears a bow tie on Christmas Eve. I know not why. Go for it! (Maybe you should get the job first and then show up wearing the tie!)
ReplyDeleteI remember the stash of bowties my mom bought for my younger brother in the 1950s. She must have loved them as much as you do.
ReplyDeleteGet one that twirls around and you'll be the life of the party in court! xx
ReplyDeleteI have a positive for the notion of wearing a bow tie.
ReplyDeletePresumably, if one wears a bow tie, a cleavage is out of the question.
And , no matter which way you look at that (ie the cleavage), it has no place in the working world of which you will be part.
What a great chart. Thanks for sharing. Cherrie
ReplyDeleteThere is something very Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz about this tie. I do not know why. Zesting up business attire any way you can is a good thing. Do you have an apron with a suit and tie printed on the front. I think it would be a fine thing to stride into the courtroom, sleeves rolled up , crisp apron flapping in the air con. "Your honour, I am here to clean up!"
ReplyDeletePS Watch out for Dapper Dan. He'll be after those in a flash!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI rather like a bow tie, though mostly on a woman. The only time a man should wear a ( hand-tied)bow tie is with a dinner jacket. Or possibly a 1930s vintage 'gangster' striped suit in which case the tie should be white over a black shirt. In my heyday I used to wear a bow tie instead of a necklace with a slinky DJ trouser suit. No blouse of course. A cotton checked one would look cute but a bit too Doris Day in my view. A black one with white shirt and very tailored suit would scare the wits out of the opposition MMMC. Law and 'cute' don't compute. Just saying...
ReplyDeleteno doubt about it, i am sure you will look absolutely stunning in a bow tie!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking, you might be better off buying the penny-farthing bike for work.
ReplyDeleteYou will need to be noticed.
One other thing.
Annie, you don't have an apron fetish do you?
If it makes you happy go for it. A big smile and a little bow is all you need.
ReplyDeleteHow about teaming it with some spats and you can be a dandy lady lawyer. Remember to say "What ho!" when you enter a room.
ReplyDeleteThat's class...pure class MMMC.
ReplyDeleteso this is where the bowtie Dr. Child #2 (is it?) gets it!!!
ReplyDeletei love that little red checkered one. snappy!!