1968 Australian home. Some Ruska. Teak furniture. Native Australian gardens. Splashes of Marimekko. Rimini blue Bitossi. 50s, 60s and 70s homes. House plants and succulents. Woody Allen. The occasional appearance by some Solid Gold Dancers. That's what you'll find here. And lashings of chutzpah thrown-in for good measure. Pull up a Suekichi Uchida and make yourself at home.
Monday, July 18, 2011
Happy Birthday, Grandma!
Grandma turns 75 today!
Grandma has always done more-than a lot for the MMMC family. And we all love her.
Oh! What a perfectly wonderful surprise. How can I thank some of my most favourite people whom I have not met face-to-face, but feel as though I have known forever? But, indulge me as I quote Lord Byron: "Oh, talk not to me of a name great in story; The days of our youth are the days of our glory; And the myrtle and ivy of sweet two-and-twenty Are worth all the laurels, though ever so plenty." That photo is of that time, the circumstances ever fresh to me as if it were yesterday. I have no laurels, but the years have slipped by. I would regard any laurels that may have attached themselves to my unruly hair as I passed the odd untrimmed bush, as having no refection on myself, but speak now to me of five wonderful children , each of whom fills me with a deep satisfaction. But, better still, have taught me to love. May God hold each of you close. D.xoxoxox
manma looks like a delightful lady indeed! wish her a happy birthday from me too okay? aftall we're practically family ;) grandmas are the best. your kiddos are blessed to have her in their lives.
Grandmas are so very special. Happy Birthday Grandma.
ReplyDeletePam x
What a sweet smile she's a keeper in the Grandma dept.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!
Happy Birthday - you're looking great!
ReplyDeleteShe's beautiful! Happy Birthday Grandma!
ReplyDeletexo
What a beautiful photo! Happy 75th to you, Grandma!
ReplyDeleteYes, absolutely stunning smile - makes me think of
ReplyDelete'The Great Gatsby' (and I love that novel!)
Happy Birthday!
what a fabulous picture! Love the smile/laugh.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!
Wonderful picture of a great woman... Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteLove, Ariane.
The MMMC family is so very lucky to have such a beautiful Grandma. Sending birthday wishes from very far away!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes to Grandma - let's hope she had a terrific day.xx
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Grandma! Many happy returns :)
ReplyDeleteShe is a stunner.
ReplyDeleteI hope she has a fantastic day.
beautiful. happy. grandmas are the best. she looks like a gem.
ReplyDeleteOh!
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfectly wonderful surprise.
How can I thank some of my most favourite people whom I have not met face-to-face, but feel as though I have known forever?
But, indulge me as I quote Lord Byron:
"Oh, talk not to me of a name great in story;
The days of our youth are the days of our glory;
And the myrtle and ivy of sweet two-and-twenty
Are worth all the laurels, though ever so plenty."
That photo is of that time, the circumstances ever fresh to me as if it were yesterday.
I have no laurels, but the years have slipped by. I would regard any laurels that may have attached themselves to my unruly hair as I passed the odd untrimmed bush, as having no refection on myself, but speak now to me of five wonderful children , each of whom fills me with a deep satisfaction. But, better still, have taught me to love.
May God hold each of you close.
D.xoxoxox
Gorgeous photo! Happy Belated Birthday. x
ReplyDeleteThe happiest of birthdays to Grandma!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Grandma! What a great photo. xx Katherine
ReplyDeleteHave an awesome day Grandma!! Beautiful photo, surely it captures her essence & wonderment, love Posie
ReplyDeletemanma looks like a delightful lady indeed! wish her a happy birthday from me too okay? aftall we're practically family ;)
ReplyDeletegrandmas are the best. your kiddos are blessed to have her in their lives.