Friday, February 24, 2012

Bloggers being bloggers

Staying in?


Bloggers ... how funny are they? Sometimes the simplest things amuse the blogger-in-me the most. Here's a blogger taking a photo of another blogger who's taking a photo of that blogger. I know. It smacks of Magritte.


Anon Annie and I strolled into the Paddington Antiques Centre this morning. I really liked the blue-tiled table under the moth-eaten horn thing.

And these very cute duck measuring cups. Look who's looking on. Shellfish Jesus.


(*Update on the ducks - gone between yesterday and this morning! There's a lesson there.)

Anon Annie said that pink chair would look good in my house. I said, "No it wouldn't".


Who is this pair of minxes?


Like a fluttering, tragic moth drawn to the irresistible hot flame, Martha pondered some irresistible brown crockery, including some autumnal-toned Bitossi which Anon Annie found. But I said, "No, brown beelzebubs. I will not be tempted".



Instead, I left with only a pile of Jack and Jill magazines. Perfect for a rainy weekend.


And here's the second Kindy photo. Spookily, I'm sitting in the same spot. But outside in the sun. There was never any 'soft fall' in the '70s. You fell from a two-story fort straight to compacted ground and a compound fracture of the shoulder. Or forearm.


Was almost every kid in the 70s blonde?
I just packed Noodle into a cardboard box.
 
Noodle.

22 comments:

  1. Dibs on the duck measuring cups - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was the hairy horns you were coveting. As for the Jesus, sometimes we can all be a little shellfish.
    That is a rather poignant Noodle photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your'e right AA. We have to stop all being so shellfish. Starting now. No more shelfishness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, so shellfish! I would have knocked his lilly-white butt off the shelf getting to those ducks! Those 2 blonde kids are so cute! As pot of flower sniffing, too cute! And yep, I think all kids in the 70's were blonde- it was before immigration kicked in! and that pics not as brown and orange, it's more blue and yellow, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I figured out. Nobody ever made kids wear a hat and we all had to stay outside developing healthy muscles and lungs and melanomas. Thus the blondness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am I being shellfish in thinking I should go back and get the ducks?

    Bec, you're right. There is a predominance of denim and yellow. Stylists take note!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A mere mention of Noodle has me trying not to blubber.
    I can't pick you in the photo. Speaking of hard fall I fell off a big tractor tyre play thingamy at school in the very early 80's and broke my arm. The teacher on duty didn't believe me. Ah, the good ol' days x

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that blonde hair reminds me of the Children of the God Sect.. you didn't grow up on a commune by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That photo brings back so many great childhood memories. I remember swallowing an orange seed just before having to get on one of those beds that used to fold out for my afternoon sleep in kindy. I asked the teacher if an orange tree would grow in my tummy.

    Get the ducks. How did you walk out without them?x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! EAP ... I remember distinctly standing under the fort and asking another Kindy girl to explain to me the difference between 'please' and 'thank you' and at what stage of a conversation you used them. She told me you use 'please' first and then when you get what you want you say 'thank you'. She was ON THE MONEY!

    I'm going back for the ducks and I might buy the print of the female Judge!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our two-storey fort was built on a slope so one side was three storeys off the ground, jumping off various levels was a rite of passage for the 6 and 7 year old boys (us girls were too busy practising our handstands on the slope)

    The ducks are too cute, shellfish Jesus notsomuch

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was wondering about all the blonde heads too. You aren't shellfish, go get those ducks! Looks like you had a lovely outing.
    Oh, Noodle.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Martha always cracks me up ,what a great place to look around....poor Noodle

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your new top pic.
    Two royal princess visions in pink.
    Those measuring geese would look good lined up by the Small One.
    Seriously, I would buy that tiled table.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, yes ... bloggers are always carrying cameras, and always taking photos.
    I keep meaning to go to the WAC, but just never seem to get there. I really must change that - it looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kids experience not nearly enough broken bones these days ... except at Annie's place of course!
    Loving the change to the header.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great to see it from the other side of the table. Wish I could have joined you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Noodle is playing with my cats now.

    In my class in the seventies we were mostly brown haired, but that's italy. We had wonderful clothes...I remember being very envy of my best friend's grass-green shoes. I wanted a pair too, but my mom told me those were poor people's shoes. Poor people in the seventies were so stylish.

    ReplyDelete