Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Jet-setting lizards

I haven't seen a blue-tongue lizard for such a long time, I was worried they'd all left.


But this one came out from hiding yesterday and was obviously famished. 


It demanded a Waldorf Salad, but said "hold the lettuce, walnuts, celery, apple, mayonnaise, lemon juice and seasoning, but keep the grapes".


I'm guessing this lizard's been holidaying in the Big Apple.

7 comments:

  1. We caught one in a trap left for feral cats recently and we fed it some banana. Your blog is educational as well as entertaining! I'll take the rest of the Waldorf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo,
    I'm so glad you gave it some banana. It would have loved you! I'm hankering for a Waldorf Salad too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought maybe you packed up the blue tongues to take with you. I'll trade you the salad for a cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool lizard! I have a bunch of tiny beige geckos at my house and the occasional large tree lizard...but nothing as interesting as your blue tongue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post made me smile. Yesterday we found tadpoles in our fish pond (I suspect that there are no fish left). Do you happen to know what tadpoles like to eat?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Like Deb I thought you had packed the lizards up and moved them with you. I really will miss them :)
    Ps Molly sends woofs and licks for you

    ReplyDelete
  7. He sure is liking that grape
    We had a baby blue tongue here this week too.
    x

    ReplyDelete