We tipped generously because we had a very pleasant evening. I'd recommend it in a shot. On my way back from the bathroom I spied some orange Bitossi ... I was a bit down on myself for not seeing it when I first arrived.
I questioned my Mid-Century ceramics alertness, but excused my oversight convincing myself I was distracted by all the beautiful young things dining who seemed to wear black.
Getting ready for Going Out yesterday required a lot of work ...
You still have to get breakfast, and get everyone dressed for the day ... I thought I could lie-about imagining the exotic happenings which would occur when I entered the world of hospitality ...
You still have to prepare lunch ...
And embark suddenly on some bunting for Child 4's birthday ...
Do the folding ... which has overtaken the Buzzards as Enemy No. 1 ...
Hang out the washing ...
Investigate why Child 2 is locking Child 3 in their room ...
Sterilise baby bottles ...
Fill sauce bottles ... whoops, this one got the better of me ...
Prepare dinner ... how was I meant to peel this potato?
It looks like a bum ... Readers, I'm scratching for gags.
Get distracted by the 60s elements of the TV show Green Acres which I vaguely recall being a stupid sitcom, but the apartment at the start was very attractive ...
Unclog the sink of dirt from the potatoes ...
... Make dinner!!
And bath the baby, and then get dressed etc.
When I came home, I was greeted at the door by Child 1. I don't think 4xChilds thought I was going to return.
Child 1 wanted me to retrieve her Goop from the wheelie bin which I'd earlier thrown away because she kicked Child 2 in the stomach.
The Goop was given to her by a woman who works in a supermarket. For some reason, this woman gets very excited when she sees us and always gives the 4xChilds promotional toys, which I throw away at the earliest and easiest opportunity.
Here's Spot.
He's recuperated nicely.
His 'swimming cap' reminded me of poor Rosemary Kennedy's demise at the hands of lobotomists ... I've been infuriated by that for the last couple of days.
So glad your pheasant was pleasant. The spud DOES look like a bum! Did you wear black when you went Out? Also, lovely ceramics, did you choose the Eatery for that reason?
ReplyDeleteI question your idea of a generous tip, doesn't a tip need to be at least 10% of the bill to be considered adequate? Aunty
ReplyDeleteNo doubt the RBH will be after the patent for the Liberty print grafts you have so dexterously employed.
ReplyDeleteThe goop is the public enemy of all fibrous furnishings, carpets and manchester. I say take it home to your own ruggies, supermarket lady! So which apron did you finally decide on wearing?
Annie
Readers, so many questions!
ReplyDeleteI did wear black, serendipitously. It was a black Mexican smock-thing with black tights and red Spanish-style Mary-Jane shoes ... I've worn it to death, but the beautiful young things didn't know that.
I was completely unaware of the restaurant's ceramics collection - it came as a surprise that a Spanish restaurant housed Italian decorative pieces.
Yes, supermarket lady, I'd prefer some free groceries!
And Aunty, admittedly the tip was meager, but that doesn't make for a good story.
thanks for that shot of your sink. made me feel a little better about my own for a while... but now it looks just like that again...
ReplyDeleteSo many aspects of this post appealled to me. Good home cooked food, Spotty Cat on the mend, feeling better about the state of my laundry, and last but certainly not least, a bum shaped potato. That one had me giggling to myself for hours.
ReplyDelete