Golly, I'm cranky. I'm sick of winter.
Look at the leaves everywhere.
These are my dead camellias ... they were japonicas called 'Desire' ... I've had them for about seven years. The concrete blocks were to keep the buzzards at bay.
Described by the ABC's Jane Edmanson as ... "a beautiful form with its semi-double soft pink flowers and with darker pink on the edges of the petals - it's just a gorgeous thing." I only have one left.
Look at the so-called lawn ...
The trees are skeletal.
Nothing. It's all dead.
And we haven't even had the Ekka westerlies yet.
I've had enough already ... I think it's because I keep seeing other blog photos of gorgeous Scandinavians having a marvellous time in Nordic fields of flowers.
I want to get the 4xChilds in some shorts and t-shirts ... open the windows, and see some leaves and grass again.
And now the washing machine's packed-it-in. Look at it! Stubborn box. I loved it up until this morning. The Husband had to go to the laundro-mat. He said the laundro-mat was quiet, clean and it smelled nice.
On the up-side, Child 2 has built a 'gorilla trap'. So we keep our pincer-grips crossed that we'll catch one, and it can help with the hand washing.
I just finished this book. It was very good.
The front blurb said it was published in 1978 and it was a Booker Prize-winning novel. So it must be good.
If you have nothing better to do, you may consider reading it.
Fingers crossed for the gorilla trap working but given how bare your trees are, you may be in for a long wait. Hope the machine is fixed soon. x
ReplyDeleteCK, who am I kidding about the gorilla? Hope all your appliances are carrying-on as normal.
ReplyDeleteYours at the wash board,
Oh honey I so feel for you nothing worse than children and a broken washing machine. It seems that you have a child like mine who in the middle of winter insists on NOT wearing shoes especially when playing out in the yard.
ReplyDeleteDo you really want to hear something scary I worked out we have 5 months to Christmas and I am nowhere near enough in the organisation of my Christmas list.
Hope your winter ends soon. When is it supposed to end?
ReplyDelete