Thursday, January 5, 2012

Legal Fraternity. Brace(s) yourself.

The other day we went to the dentist.



But we had to hurry because I had to go into town to lodge some important documents so I can be admitted as a legal practitioner or a solicitor or whatever it is. The legislation remains a bit fuzzy for me.


I was nervous because I didn't want to be told that the forms I'd filled-in, were 'filled-in incorrectly'.

I went to the Supreme Court, and saw the Registrar, and lodged something and handed over some money for some reason.

Thus far, all okay.



Then I went to the Law Society, and had discussions with staff, and lodged a pile of somethings else and showed them the originals of this-and-that.

Thus far, all okay.


Whomever surreptitiously placed this on my breast whilst I was unawares at the dentist, I'd like them to remove it. Pronto.

It wasn't until I got home that I realised the WHOLE TIME I was sporting, emblazened on my chest, a Nemo sticker, saying "FINTASTIC!".

26 comments:

  1. Surely the legal fraternity isn't that finicky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything went fine because they were distracted by how fintastic you are!!X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't panic but I think that is the covert insignia of all supreme court judges. Expect a promotion, perhaps go and try on a few of those silly wigs. melx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really are fintastic, you know...

    ReplyDelete
  5. They assumed you intend to practise underwater.
    It may be oxygen poor but the money is better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did the dentist's nurse know what you were up to for the rest of the day ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laughing out loud here. You could have only topped it off by having toilet paper stuck to your shoe and/or your skirt hitched into your undies ;-) Congrats on being admitted :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sticker will give you the edge over all other applicants. "Deidre, I want that woman with the Fintastic sticker whose child had impeccably clean teeth, stat!" Dental hygiene may well be the entry key to the gaping jaws of your law career!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is hilarious! Thanks for my morning laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is just too funny! I'm all a chortle.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. LittleMiss A-G,
    not admitted yet. Still a long way to go, obstacles to jump over, people who may want to object etc. And I'd like to get some new shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you and your family will be a breath of fresh air to the legal fraternity. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops! One of the whippets was once found to have a Press Here To Squeak Me sticker stuck to his chest ... we never did find out how it got there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Better to be fintastic Nemo than the sharks that normally frequent the courts. How wonderful that you're getting admitted soon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmmn Dentist - scary. Form-filling - scary. Fins in the sea - scary not 'tastic'. But law - well that's heavenly - http://www.itv.com/eternallaw/
    (hope that link works for you).

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're the most Fintastic lawyer who ever blogged!! Love it, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I actually snorted when I laughed at this one! And I needed that! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was Finny ha ha who was the culprit?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so very sorry I haven't been by for so long-I have only just read your exciting news-Congratulations! You really have achieved so much and you should be so proud of yourself. I am so impressed that you have done this and also raised such a sweet, fun, happy and wonderful family AND blogged at the same time-you are amazing!

    Best wishes and happy 2012!
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just catching up, Carmel. Bravo on becoming a fellow practitioner, my friend. You are so inspirational for the way you've managed to juggle study with raising 4 littlies. Well done! J x

    ReplyDelete