Monday, January 16, 2012

Today and last week

Today I was haunted by an Harry Potter effigy.


I caught an embarrassed Martha licking pictures of Lady Penelope.

I bought Child One a dress, but the omens tell me she'll hate it.


I made Anna's pastry-free quiche, but forgot to add the milk.


I received some beautiful snail-mail from Ingrid.

 I bought Martha shoes she loves, but which don't match her dress.


Last Week ...


I started to prepare for school.


I released the lizards.


I received exciting snail-mail from my favourite Canadians, Deb and Laura.




Deer candles. Who could set a deer family alight? I ask you.



Discussed with Martha the pros-and-cons of her being at an age where she may wish to adopt a signature fragrance. Such as Coco Mademoiselle.


Bought a shirt which I now realise will clash with Child One's dress.


And started a quilt which will look like the dress, shoes and shirt all sewn together.




Anyone else get strange blog traffic?


I get way too many hits from from Russia and Paris.

20 comments:

  1. Check out the Chanel on the Hornsea!
    I definitely need more pink in my life. Love that quilt. And did you make those lunch packs? They look very cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, loving your snail mail (who can say no to Chanel?) and am also loving all those lively florals. A pretty good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a bad week I would suggest. Loving those lunch bags. Why is Martha getting so big? Tell her to stop. If she doesn't jump at the Coco Mademoiselle, send it this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chanel! My signature fragrance is Coco Chanel! Love the quilt. I like the lunch bags - lucky they don't clash with the drink bouteilles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grounded,
    thank you. But my overlocker shite itself, so the quilt's going nowhere. And I also know I'll hit an obstacle when I try and 'quilt' a queen-sized quilt on a standard machine.

    Brismod,
    'Chanel on Hornsea' sounds like a fragrance unto itself. Lunch packs were a present from Grandma. I dread having to clean them. Though they'll look nice on the first day.

    SarahB,
    I've always shied away from Chanel due to price and what I saw as 'over-ratedness by pretentious people'. But the lusciousness of their lipstick has turned me! And I trust the honesty, decorum and down-to-earthedness that is my Canadian Chanel adviser, Laura.

    Fiona,
    Martha is huge. She is just two-and-a-bit and doesn't fit into any of her size two clothes. For some reason I had a dream about Chinese foot-binding the other night. Don't know why.

    Though I also had a dream I was at a Neil Diamond concert and he started shooting his fans (ie me and my friends) with an AK-47. Don't worry. I got the AK-47 off his roadie and started dishing out some of my own Crunchy Granola Suite.

    Zigsma,
    my signature perfume was Chanel No. 19 until it ran out. Now thanks to Laura, my signature perfume is a sample-sized Chanel No. 5. Fickle? Moi?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You busy little bee.
    My gosh your quilt looks so much like mine. and I've hit the brick wall of quilting it too.I really don't know what I'm going to do now.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving that quilt- that pink and red fabric is more than a little bit spesh. And the shirt is quite lovely as well. melx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Paris hits might be from me! I am an Australian living in Paris and I really love your blog. I also love mid century design. I don't mean to make you jealous but two years ago I went to Copenhagen for two days (by myself, without kids) with the sole purpose of buying mid century Danish furniture for our apartment here. It was a highlight of my life...
    Thanks for your writing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the look of the quilt. Looking forward to seeing it finished. I t appears you had a busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you have Cupcake Jesus praying over the school shoes. It's been quite a week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too am getting strange blog traffic from Russia! What's up?!
    Which CHANEL scent is your favourite of the bunch? I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That quilt is going to be a humdinger! Gor. Geous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hamburg calling,
    dear Carmel!
    Chanel! Chanel! What a lush colour!

    Have I missed the second birthday boy? Happy belated Birthday to him (and you, big Mom!).

    Greeting with many florets,
    Love,
    Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Zara,
    what stage are you at? I've made one cot-sized quilt, and went through stages of hating it, and then loving it. Now it's finished I love it, and it's one of Martha's favourite things. Maybe I can help spur you on.

    BG,
    the pink and red sheet came from Bayside Rose's Pam. It is too beautiful. I'm using that as the backing.

    Paris Anon,
    Thanks for making yourself known. I was a bit worried about the Paris connection. I thought something sinister was going on. I am very jealous to hear of your Copenhagen trip, as that is my dream - especially the part about being solo! Sorry there's not my MC design on this blog. I'd love to see your apartment.

    Bernice,
    I'll show the quilt once it's finished. I think there'll be some problems, before it's done though.

    Deb,
    Cupcake Jay-C always has that exasperated expression which I often empathise with.

    Laura,
    it's got to be Russian spammers. It really annoys me. I get hundreds of hits a week from Russia.

    Of the Chanel bunch, I like Chanel No. 5. Second is Mademoiselle. I keep forgetting to try the masque and cleanser. I wear the lipstick around the house for no reason other than I love it. And I love the nail polish which I tried on my fingers, but it didn't work, but I find it very satisfying on my toes. Love it all. Thank you.

    Wendy, it should be all right. I thought about time I de-stashed.

    Ariane in Hamburg,
    thank you for second boy's birthday. It is a moody colour, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is so much, where do I begin?
    Happy Birthday x 2 (I haven't forgotten, I'm just slow and a bit demented). Lady Penelope I don't know, hope she's nice. If not, Martha is lovely enough for both of them. Lovely shoes. For Child One's wadrobe you might try with black, white, read and purble, stripes are good for an emo too (so I'm being told here). Sadly, I don't know Ingrid, but I think I recognize the man watching your shoes. Is that your feet? You have beautiful feet, and Chanel is of course never wrong. I suppose. I won't comment on the shirt, but that quilt is amazing!!! And yes, I did receive a lot of traffic from a strange looking blog in Russia. They've lost interest in me now (no wonder :)
    Puuhh. Lots of hugs, Lilli

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the quilt and the shirt and dress.....and how about those shoes too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. me too, loving the quilt and your funny notes!
    i am planning to make my first quilt with a friend for another friend and her expected child these coming months. wish me luck, i might ask you for advice?! if i may!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, you know already that Martha will be senior Stylist at my future design company. So let her wear her fragrance. Us designers and stylist are universally recognizable firstly for the way we smell, secondly for what we do. Or that's what I've been told at a style class I took at school many years ago. I wanted my money back at that time, by then I discovered it's true. Am I talking nonsense? Yes.
    Ok, bye.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving the look of that quilt, great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete