Friday, January 13, 2012

Water jug

No interest in the picnic basket? Well, I'll keep it for the kids.


Next up is a glass water jug.


Here it is demonstrating its ability to simultaneously hold water and lemon slices.

I bought this at an antiques shop years ago. It's nothing special. But it looks nice on a sunny day.

I have something else that does a similar job. This could be yours. I know. Wasn't Christmas weeks ago?

Tomorrow, there's a bit of Clarice Cliff to give away. Don't get too excited.

15 comments:

  1. You gorgeous generous soul! I haven't been blog hopping as much of late as I've been a wee bit busy with poppet number 2 (seven weeks today!) but Bungalow Bliss sent me here when she read my Blue Girl post (http://monpetitpoppet.blogspot.com/2012/01/blue-girl.html) and thought our gorgeous picnic basket would find a happy home with my girl. She's a picnic loving soul! If your kiddies are having a whale of a time with it them please leave them be but if you'd still like someone to take it off your hands then I would be so very grateful to do so. Hope all is lovely in your world.
    Steph :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your jug is obviously talented at holding lemons and water, but how does it pour? I might be interested...if its not a dribbler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the water jug. Sigh. Woe is me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its perfect.....why are you torturing us with all these lovelies....

    ReplyDelete
  5. No love on the picnic basket?! Honestly, what's wrong with Brisbanites? I'd take it in a flash. But, alas, I am in Sydney. The glass jug is also lovely. This big hearted giving away of yours sucks for me from a geographical perspective! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely, nut will it break your wrist when you pour? That's always my problem...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thus far, the water jug has worked well at pouring etc. and I am extremely limp-wristed.

    It also serves well as a vase.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd take it all MMMC but space is at such a premium in our old house. It's a beautiful jug. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's lovely it would be great for flowers too !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steph,

    can you email me about the picnic basket?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, I have a condition with the oppies myself that causes constant decluttering and culling but that vase is a corker. Why not? I could use the old "Oh that jug, we've had that for years in the big high cupboard."
    What are you making room for- another au pair perhaps? Intriguing indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I please take it from you? I've been looking for a nice water jug for a while and pick up in Brisbane is too good to resist! Email me at: caroline dot taran at gmail dot com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Caroline, I'll get onto you about the jug.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New YEar Carmel!!
    i think i need a drink of water with lemon slices in it now.
    refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at these photos! Perhaps you should consider SEEK-ing a food stylist position. I'm positively thirsty for a water with a dash of lemon now.

      Delete