As it was our first time, we were a little nervous.
But we got to City Hall ...
and walked through King George Square.
And, because we were so good, we got a present.
Now it feels like bed time, because one-half of us is really tired after carrying the other-half most of the way.






Heydy-ho, you intrepid adventurers! That is a mighty fine idea. I used to dod that stuff with the older ones all the time and forget with the tag along. Brava!
ReplyDeletewhat a doll! love your little bunny presie or is it pressy or prezzi?
ReplyDeleteOh my, i love those kind of lights! Tres, tres cute indeed!
ReplyDeleteOh it's a light! How cute is that. I'm sure taking eats on the bus helped her.
ReplyDeleteExcellent reporting on a remarkable journey. And a veddy cool bunny.
ReplyDeleteWonderful photojournalism of your trip, very sweet.
ReplyDeleteOOh ... I'd love one of them. Is that a night light or a lamp. Either way, I'd be happy with one. I used to love going to town on the train with my mum. Our dentist was in the T & G Building and it always seemed such an adventure. As a treat, Mum would buy me a little jar of humbug lollies from Darrel Lee. Seems a bit of a contradiction now though ;-)
ReplyDeleteLittleMiss AG,
ReplyDeleteit's a night light. LED battery-operated. It was only $20 and there were other types but this was the last one. I bought it from Maiochi. There's another store in Paddington, so they may have some more.
I found a link for it - http://www.dotcomgiftshop.com/night-light-white-rabbit. Much cheaper in the UK, it seems!
And lollies after the dentist? Why not!
I am seriously in love with that bunny!!! Martha really has the most beautiful hair...that first shot...why must she grow? Just so so gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Katherine. I think she's cute. Her hair's doing a bit of a comb-over though!
ReplyDeleteTwo cutie pies! I do fancy the bunny. What a lovely reward for Martha.
ReplyDeleteYou and I wear the same 'uniform' :)
Ha, SarahB! My 'uniform' is a striped t-shirt, a cardigan, jeans, and flat shoes. Speaking of which, I need a new pair of Converse.
ReplyDeleteIs that your 'uniform'? If so, it's what all the cool kids wear.
Love that rabbit. And good value- i am seen similar ones on lark that cost a fortune. Any nice frocks in Maiochi? Probably not safe for me to go in there right now as I am paying for new blinds for Betsy, yay! Must take Liongirl on the bus, have never done it- isn't that disgraceful, we have done the train but not the bus. melx
ReplyDeleteOh how cute... Both of them - Martha & Bunny Light. I used to have one of those when I was a toddler (not with LED I don't think), in the shape of a kitty. When it melted one day I was heart-broken... ;-)
ReplyDeleteExcuse me... it was your first time by bus??
ReplyDeleteDear Carmel,
love to see you (both) through the mirror...
cute mister lamp ('Meister Lampe' means in German 'Hase', 'Hare, bunny').
Love,
Ariane.
Oh, dear Carmel,
ReplyDeletehave a look, I've just found a sis of the bunny: http://mminulta.blogspot.com/
In Finland, of course ;-)
x Ariane.
BG,
ReplyDeleteMaiochi did have some nice dresses, but for about the same price I prefer the stuff in Gorman. We've never been on a train, so we're about even!
Sacha,
a melted kitty night-light is sad. The shop I bought the rabbit from had a kitty lamp. You could fly out and replace yours.
Ariane,
I saw that mister lamp(!). I've said it before, Fins ... what can't they do?
I want a bunny light....What a big girl you have now too....they grow way to quick!
ReplyDeleteOh what an exciting adventure and such a lovely lamp!
ReplyDeleteYes! That is my uniform. I live in jeans, cardies and love a stripey top. Comfy all the way. I don't own any converse shoes but might have to change that :)
ReplyDeleteWhen Edda and I watched Martha's trip to town together this morning, she first said: 'Look, that's me' and then '... and that's my rabbit lamp'. :)))
ReplyDeleteBuses are much fun and you get to see so many different folk. The lamp is super sweet.
ReplyDeleteOh love the bunny light, now she needs the toadstool & a little garden around it, no that is what one of my girls wants. She actually wants astro turf in her bedroom?? Love Posie
ReplyDeleteOh Carmel, I wanted to comment on you most recent post but can't. My warmest congratulations to you, my fellow practitioner! I am *so* proud of you, juggling that difficult study whilst raising 4 small children. You are a true inspiration - take a bow, my friend! J x
ReplyDeletecongrats dear carmel,
ReplyDeleteme too wanted to comment above but it is not possible for some reason.
the snake is for sure a good omen!
i hope you feel happy and proud, enjoying this achievement.
Congratulations to you friend! I see what you did there...if I can't comment, then no one can comment. Nice. As for the snake, yuk.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!!!!! and i see you got child #1 to wear the dress! good job.
ReplyDeletereally.
so impressed!!! xoxo
What an achievement! Some people never make it, but you managed it with 4 children ... Wow! Awesome! Epic! (a favourite of my kids at the moment).
ReplyDeleteLOVE the Fred Bare dress your Big Girl is wearing. Did she graciously put it on, or did you have to hold her down?
Hats off to you!