Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Change

You'd think by having four children and being close to middle age I'd be used to change.

But a lot's changing 'round here, and I'm not sure I'm ready for it.


We're saying 'goodbye' to this. We've grown out of it.


We're saying 'goodbye' to the sewing room. We need the space for something else.


We're saying 'goodbye' to superfluous law notes. We think they've hung around for too long and won't be looked at again.


I think we're soon going to have to say goodbye to this old fellow. 


And it's breaking my heart.  


28 comments:

  1. I love your blog. It makes me laugh.

    Today it's making me tear up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. I'm crying too.
    I just hate that dogs don't live longer. We have to say goodbye to too many in our lifetimes. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor Noodle. Change can suck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. *wipes eyes*

    saying goodbye to old friends of the hound variety has broken my heart a few times too :(

    poor duck

    ReplyDelete
  5. I jumped for joy every time I got to get rid of the next outgrown baby thing. Not only did I love the free space, but it meant one more step to a full night's sleep.

    Have you heard of hay bales houses? So pre-royal-wedding. The latest building material is reusable reams of superfluous law notes. Build yourself an extension and keep that sewing room!

    Such a cute little furry member of the family. Always tough to say goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh god, I was enjoying your shoot the breeze post; and then my heart broke.
    Life. Sad for all the MMMC household.Noodle couldn't have asked for a better home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We put the high chair up in the shed last week. And the cot is going in 2 months. But oh, they're all nothing compared to your pup. What lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are making us all cry. I'm not a fan of change x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Noodle looks like such a happy and loved dawg. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh darlin' Noodle :( Make sure you're holding his hand.
    I'm thinking my little Casey isn't going to see the year out. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sad time for your family : (

    Those four legged mutts can certainly break your heart,

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Getting rid of baby and toddler paraphenalia always has the cloud with a silver lining of more sleep and independence. Losing a beloved pet is just pure sadness. That Noodle sure looks like he has been having a very good life. Melx

    ReplyDelete
  13. No one can say dogs are just a pet. They get right inside of you. Dogs don't question. You are their everything and Noodle has faith in that. What a great dog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, MMM-C. It would take a lot to squelch the joy of getting rid of a space-sucking baby-accoutrement (even one so lovely as that), but you've done it. My heart goes out to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel so bad for you. That last change is by far the hardest.
    HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh, I feel you pain. Some change can be good and bring about exciting new things and some change sucks. Hugs all around.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Noodle...it breaks my heart too. SO sad. I know he's been a lucky dog, now I hope he will be lucky again until the last day of his life, and never ever feel pain, no matter what's happening to him. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Poor Noodle but what a fabulous dog he has been. As far as the other changes go my two cents worth is, embrace the change and remember just how lucky you are to be able to witness and enjoy it...I have learnt the hardest way that each little mildstone in a child's growing life is such a joy and honour to behold and a precious gift we should be grateful and thankful for even though it goes all too fast. I may have the gift of an eternal baby but what a gift it would be if she could grow and change. Hope you all have a wonderful day...isn't it a beautiful one today xxx Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  19. I so love your amusing blogs and your special turn of wit, but I felt so sad reading this. For me the beginning was just as teary as the end. Very sorry about Noodle as we have a similarly ailing moggy here. But when you get to a certain age (and beyond in my case)there are many wistful changes and an increasing number of sad goodbyes. And as for old law notes, I still have a pile of decades out of date textbooks propped up against the radiator. You know, just in case I need to check up on Public International Law, sovereign states and the UN Charter etc but clearly nothing happening in that direction these days.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How interesting are the last two comments from Katherine and Ms EM?

    Katherine's right, I should be embracing the healthy progression of my children and celebrating their move from milestone-to-milestone, because there are some children who don't meet those 'taken for granted' milestones.

    And then Ms EM's right, that is is sad that they grow from being babies, and every babyish cast-off is an irretrievable move from their infancy.

    And Noodle. Thank you everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  21. sheesh, that's waaayyy too much at one time! so sorry about your old guy. he's lovely, and i'm sure you've given him a great life. best to you...

    ReplyDelete
  22. I said good-bye to a lot of baby stuff with my last, last baby so this time is not as hard. As to the Noodle...there is no easy way is there? For so many of us the dog was the first baby and it is so sad they don't live till their 'siblings' grow up. I dare say it will be harder for you than the kids though. Chin up, Buckaroo.

    ReplyDelete
  23. tugging on heart strings! p.s. I can't get rid of my study notes, and it drives.me.crazy. I will never look at them again, but I will lug them from house to house, for the rest of my life. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh...Noodle. Sweet wonderful Noodle!
    Just know that my doggies Schnooey, Biscuit, Mopsy and Lucky , horse Digger, kitties Clover, Sam, Sally and Sammy, hamster Freddie, Newt Jack Black and so many more loved souls will be waiting for him with open paws, hooves etc..
    Bless your heart Carmel, i know, it sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh no, dear pup! im sorry that this sort of change is happening. he looks like the best kind of dog and friend.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Carmel, wishing you strength through all of this xx

    ReplyDelete