1968 Australian home. Some Ruska. Teak furniture. Native Australian gardens. Splashes of Marimekko. Rimini blue Bitossi. 50s, 60s and 70s homes. House plants and succulents. Woody Allen. The occasional appearance by some Solid Gold Dancers. That's what you'll find here. And lashings of chutzpah thrown-in for good measure. Pull up a Suekichi Uchida and make yourself at home.
Ariane, I thought this may be confusing. I laughed as I was saying it in my head in a plumby English accent and thinking, indeed, I could spend everyday day in court, badgering people.
No, I haven't been arrested. The comedy police may be knocking on the door any moment though.
I should have spelt 'lought' ... 'lort' ... it's really 'lot'.
I presume you were eating a torte, at the same time as the snort. Good to know that those lawyers are simultaneously multi tasking the case at hand as well as writing sequels for Dr Seuss.
(Yes, I know you already snorted, but I thought of it before I read the comments and fancied myself not only clever, but original to boot. I can't help it if you keep raiding my brain for your comments, can I?)
You must've fought, to enjoy the court. Like a resort?
ReplyDeleteGuffaw! Snort!
ReplyDelete...and afterwords go swimming in a lough.
ReplyDeleteLaugh out loud
- already again, dear Carmel.
So you are a naughty girl? and what does 'lought' mean?
xo Ariane.
Ariane,
ReplyDeleteI thought this may be confusing. I laughed as I was saying it in my head in a plumby English accent and thinking, indeed, I could spend everyday day in court, badgering people.
No, I haven't been arrested. The comedy police may be knocking on the door any moment though.
I should have spelt 'lought' ... 'lort' ... it's really 'lot'.
Stupid post. It's not funny now I re-read it.
I presume you were eating a torte, at the same time as the snort. Good to know that those lawyers are simultaneously multi tasking the case at hand as well as writing sequels for Dr Seuss.
ReplyDeleteDon't be caught short. And never confuse bought and brought.
ReplyDeleteHmmm, Bought for brought. Grammatically, that's a nought-nought.
ReplyDeleteBungalow Girl, I'm now going to write a best seller. You wortch me.
So very 'Seuss' like. I like your poem but I do not like green eggs and ham!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Bernice - it is what would happen if Dr Seuss went to law school....
ReplyDeleteHope all is well in your world MMMC.
Hee hee!
ReplyDelete(this is one of the few blogs where I read all the comments - always soo good)
L is right. Comments are a must read. I believe there's a torte about that somewort.
ReplyDeleteAt least it hasn't all come to naught....
ReplyDeleteLaw school has clearly made you posh... that long vowel in lought is rather un-Australian. And we now how bad it is to be un-Australian...
I've racked my brain all evening to come up with something witty ...
ReplyDeleteunfortunately I've come up with nought!
You're such a sport.
ReplyDeleteSnort.
(Yes, I know you already snorted, but I thought of it before I read the comments and fancied myself not only clever, but original to boot. I can't help it if you keep raiding my brain for your comments, can I?)
Wendy. You thought of the snort? What a rort!
ReplyDeleteIt may be haute to be in court,
ReplyDeletebut if you're French,
it could be ho ,ya know?
What the hurl girl? I need a wig like that to wear under my hat, stat!
ReplyDelete