I've been:
- hot-footing it into work;
- traipsing into court;
- answering telephones;
- putting people on hold while I wonder what to do with their call;
- wearing high-heels;
- eating sushi; and
- shocking myself at the adult conversations I'm pulling off.
But work and blogs don't mix. Writing a blog is the last thing I want to do after a day with my nose to the grindstone.
New fabric from Ikea. Everyone loves explosions of Scandinavian colour! Well, I do.
I've also been:
- buying paint;
- repotting plants;
- buying manchester and beds from Ikea;
- skyping with German and Finnish girls;
- cracking jokes which don't translate well for German and Finnish girls;
- telling my children that they'd better start behaving;
- sewing curtains;
- offloading superfluities on ebay.
The blog turns one on May 24. What a waste of a year!

NOT a waste of a year!? You make a lot of people happy with your blog. And I would argue, your honour, that it has been a nice outlet pour vous? Well, At least some virtual adult conversation? I've enjoyed your generous craziness.Your blog shares a birthday with Saskia!
ReplyDeleteOh so not a waste of a year! Your blog posts make me laugh like no other blog posts ever could.
ReplyDeleteI make my work and blog mix by doing a little blog surfing, commenting and posting at work, but only in my lunchtime mind you :)
Keep up the good work!
ps having a late lunch I am...
Not a waste...oh no. You've made me laugh my arse off! Actually, not in reality..it's still there, but you get my drift. Good luck with those pesky exams:)
ReplyDeleteI don't know how most people, who hold down a full-time job and keep a blog religiously, do it....
ReplyDeleteThat fabric is super funky MMMC.
And what do you mean a waste of a year? You'd never have met the most excellent people (like me)if you hadn't have blogged!! xx
Oh my you have been busy, Ive no idea how you do it. I do love that fabric.
ReplyDeleteNEVER a waste!
ReplyDeleteHas it been a year? If nothing else it has introduced a whole new round of friends to turkey wrangling and Horsey hijinks not to mentioning all that mid century education. What are you off loading...I dread to think! Not the Bittossi surely!
ReplyDeletei also always ask myself if blogging is just wasting my time.
ReplyDeletebut then again, the fact that i can sit here and LAUGH, a true moment of enjoyment, while reading your blog cant possibly be a waste.
we just need to remember to do the same in real life.
and i find that blogging made me realize that i am much closer to strangers than i thought. as in, we are not as foreign after all.
good luck with your exams.
Why is it that Ozzie jokes don't translate well into German or Finnish? It's a damn shame. Take my advice, if they don't laugh, don't hire them. And ditto to what the others (and the lots more to come) will say. Definately not a waste. Just think of horsey. He's got to go on an overseas adventure. That's reason enough for blogging for a year I reckon!
ReplyDeleteDear Carmel,
ReplyDelete...I agree with pirat Sara...and:
Hang in there, my friend!
xo Ariane
I agree, an utter waste. But what a nice way to waste it... I've wasted a year and a half... x
ReplyDeleteYes blogging is a terrible time waster I've lost hours...and if I added it up probably weeks, months etc, just looking at stuff. but stuff is good for the soul ha. Two exams is so exciting...you are so close. I think some kind of celebration is in order for sure!! Your decorating sounds fun and that fabric is wonderful...didn't get email by the way. Thought maybe you got busy and forgot. And to answer Brismod...they do it by not looking at the dust on the floor, never ironing and regularly eating toasted sandwiches for tea..ha xxx Katherine
ReplyDeleteYou are one clever lady - to be up to your last 2 exams!! That must have been a heck of a lot of work! And to keep us all entertained for the last year!!
ReplyDelete(ps. love the comments on the kurbside post - especially Miss Posie's!)xx
Briinggg, briinggg. "Hello how can I help you?".
ReplyDelete"Neigh, this is Horsey, and I've a personal injury lawsuit I'm trying to follow up"...
"One moment Horsey"...
PS - congratulations on your exams. The end is neigh. I mean nigh.
ReplyDeleteLove that fabric! If you feel like a belated anniversary celebration, and you're free on Thursday 26th, I'm going to Thea & Sami's morning tea. I could collect you if you require a chauffeur.
Can only echo everyone else and insist it's not a waste. You know you didn't mean that! Anyway, it sounds like you're fitting in everything else in just fine -- and how. Good luck with everything.
ReplyDeletethank goodness you, and all the other bloggers I follow waste their time, o'wise this poor ol' granny would have no insight into the amazing lives all you young Mummies / Students / Craftypersons live.. THANK YOU so much for being such a brilliant crafty-student-mummy blogger♥♥
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on nearly reaching the end of what I'm sure has been a long hard road.
ReplyDeleteI so enjoy your warm, witty wordsmithing ... don't think of it as a waste.
I love wasting time reading your blog. Just think, if you hadn't started blogging the postal services in our respective countries would probably be bust by now. I rest my case, your honour.
ReplyDeleteI love the word Manchester. Also Ikea.
Love that Ikea fabric!! Ha, I think we'll all have matching curtains now. I'm glad you're wasting everyone's time... Happy blogaversary!!
ReplyDeleteOh, it hasn't been a waste and you know it. You are like wonder-mom with your career, your crafting, kid wrangling, and home making.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the laughs and always kind comments on my blog.
You are a delight, carmel!
Just awesome possum.....heels and adult conversations....your a changed woman!
ReplyDeleteSeriously? Your blog shares a birthday with my youngest? Shall we have a joint celebration, then? Agreeing with Zigsma---NOT a waste of a year. If nothing else, you've kept me snorting various liquids out of my nose at all hours...
ReplyDeleteFabric: Stunning.
Last exams: HURRAH!
Humor-challenged wannabe au pairs: What-ever.
Do your stuff MMMC. You know it makes sense. I LOVE your Ikea fabric. May 24th was once celebrated as Empire Day in the UK. It is also my late grandmother's birthday. No waste of a year as lots of us have clearly enjoyed reading you blog. And falling in love with Martha. Actually I can't understand how you studied for your law qualification AND looked after four young children and husband and still kept blogging. My three children were a bit older when I studied for law, but I was often still sitting at my basic computer ( no internet or Google then) until I heard the milkman's electric float come down the street at 3am. Keep on keeping on MMMC!
ReplyDeletesounds like you are super busy. But, I suppose, when is a mum of 4 not super busy?!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with exams! Last two, EVER! So exciting!
ps, what's the link to your ebay off loading?
ReplyDeleteI bought some of that fabric on my last ikea blowout. Am thinking I'll make the kids wear it. Just for a laugh.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you started blogging. I still chuckle at your ikea visit photo essay from yonks ago.
And we'll all feel special when we point to the news because we know that girl swooping around in grown up clothes and liberty print tops on big, important court cases and such.
So keep it up, however you can, if only for me and the other 'three readers'.
All good stuff and agree with all the mob.
ReplyDeleteThe court appearance though, I know was not that straight forward.
Your worship: Would the witness please stand up?
Carmel: I am standing up , your honour.
Your worship : Clerk, fetch a stool for the witness so we can actually affirm that's she is present.
Carmel ; But , your worship, I'm wearing high heels!
one year should be celebrated!!
ReplyDeleteps great new fabrics from ikea - will have to go check them out.
Quit school, quit the high heels, quit the kids....your blog comes first! Get your PRIORITIES straight girl!
ReplyDeleteisn't wasting time the better way to spend time?
ReplyDeleteReading this post made me feel very tired. How can you manage to do all those things? You are not a professional time waster like I am.
Happy birthday blog!!
Us gemini's born May 24th can be hard going, but were ultimately rewarding, promise!
ReplyDeletePlease don't quit when I've just found you! Just quit until your exams are over wonderwoman...good luck!
Hello Everyone,
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice bunch of comments. No, not a waste of a year in some respects. Some of my posts I look back and shudder. Actually, once I post them I don't read them again because I think they're stupid.
EM,
I think the Law is easier to study now than when you did it. It's all open book. Any idiot can study it now. I'm evidence of that.
DMC,
height is hereditory.
Wendy,
the Finnish girl laughed a bit. I'm thinking she's part-Moomin!
R&S,
too funny.
OBH,
I have a photo you'd like to see from the WAC today!
Phew!! You're making me feel very lazy...
ReplyDeleteLove the fabric too! Can feel an Ikea trip coming on...