Friday, May 20, 2011

Plankety planks

WARNING!! This blog post may contain images which will shock some readers.

Further, we take no responsibility for copy-cat plankers as it is a dangerous, fool-hardy, sometimes illegal pursuit.



Slippery Slide plank.


Tramp plank.


Planker plank.


Dad plank.



Plank plank.


Bum plank.


Plank refusal.


Not planking, smiling. 

*(I'm guessing a lot of readers aren't 'up' on planking.)

24 comments:

  1. All I can do is laugh. I guess you couldn't walk the plank, or could you? I see Martha visiting Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL, I'm laughing so hard I'm almost planking the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I can't say that I get it, but thank you for introducing me to this fad that's sweeping the nation of Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it weird how these things become popular? I think I must be getting old, though I'm not anywhere near as old as Sam Newman, oh that's right, he's just a planker wanker. Is that a tad rude of me??
    That's that super cute table of Katherine's your super cute bub is sitting at. Shag a smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so goofy!!! and even Dad played along to funny!
    I took that blouse I was going to send you and turned it into a coat!
    When I picked it up She had a rack of long vintage Hawaii style dresses so you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lotta planking going on there. Bum plank takes the award followed plank plank and plank refusal. Okay, Dad plank is right up there too. Plank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think you're hanging with a bad crowd MMMC.
    Though there just hasn't been enough bum-planking getting a mention on the news in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. plank me in there.
    i feel i could need a plank in my head.
    lovely series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb,
    good spotting!

    Frau S,
    'planking' is a stupid prank thing where people lie face down in dangerous positions. It's been in the news because one fellow died when he fell off a balcony ledge while attempting to plank. So this post isn't that funny, but the kids are always telling me I have to use more black humour.

    Sarah B,
    I agree re Sam Newman! You're not rude.

    Polkadot Heidi,
    I have no idea what you're talking about!

    MCM,
    Plank you!

    Pam,
    I've seen the news. I know the dangers.

    Fiona,
    get the cattle planking! You'd be a Youtube viral sensation.

    Sarapirat,
    I wonder if there's planking in Israel?

    ReplyDelete
  10. HA! Look at that Martha girl sitting in style, is there anything cuter than that crinkled up nose? You guys could take this show on the road...so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing beats spotting the rare and mysterious spotty bum plank in my opinion. Go Martha, Go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are bad. With your sense of humour you should be working in a newsroom not a courtroom. I laughed a lot.

    Teapotting is the thing here. Much safer...

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it! planking is hilarious (although I am sad people have got hurt by trying to be a bit too silly :( ). Love the plank refusal most!lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Especially that picture 'dad plank' make me laugh!
    Yesterday my sister (she's living in Montreal/Canada) told me about 'planking'. Now I'm waiting for it in Germany... maybe I can try?!

    xo Ariane

    ReplyDelete
  15. I 'm in the middle of a uncomfortable situation and I just needed to be under the radar....to hard not to blog! I tried what you did a while back but no one could even contact me so I'm just starting over!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bum plank. That would be a huge hit here, i think. Thanks for enlightening me---imagine, all this planking going on and me sitting here in the dark, utterly clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so totally impressed. Can't even pick a favourite.

    And I have to ask: in that last picture: is it a shop? a flea market? furniture heaven?

    ReplyDelete
  18. This made me laugh. We have trestles all over the place so we could potentially be a planking family too.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha ha ha ha ha. That is hilarious! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is brilliant. And thank you for sharing what this "planking" is all about. You're an awesome bunch of plankers!

    ReplyDelete