Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hats and dresses


I'm telling you, Cousin Horsey, everyone who's anyone is now getting a replica Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen wedding dress!


I just have to have one.


I've been told this nine-year-old is the best couturier in Brisbane! She's young, edgy, a little bit Emo. And she knows her tissues.


Oh Horsey, do I look like Princess Beatrice?

 I sure did love her Treacy hat!


Do I look like a Duchess?


We look beautiful.




Did you invite that pair of idiots?


I thought they were polo friends of your father.


Hoorah!

21 comments:

  1. oh I do love a wedding, and making the dress from tissue would be handy too, cause I do love to cry at weddings♥
    Love the Princess 'Hat'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horsey makes a beautiful bride.
    Have you seen how there was a commemorative cupcake in honour of Beatrice's hat? Some people are quick off the mark! I admire that.

    http://pinterest.com/pin/17883963/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! Don't you hate it when your parents invite uncool guests to your party? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear I have to add that I just showed this blog to hubby, he's a 66yr old grandad and he laughed himself silly at the Beatrice Hat... thank you♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lyndel, that's nice to hear. I do worry about Mr Royal Doulton. It's just two Horses being stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, you have lots of fun I guess, dear Carmel.
    My last tears are dried...
    x Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, and future looks well for your 9year old!
    xo Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh horsey you look so elegant and sophisticated! Watch out, those rip-off frocks will be on the High St by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, best royal wedding post ever. I am finding it very difficult not to make Camilla jokes however.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Neigh, snort, toss of mane," Pardon Fergie, were you trying to say something?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Only you MMMC, only you! You always have the best take on the news.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The gown, divine. The hat, spot on. The guests, a little dodgy. I'm sure Child 1 will get the call up to design for the next royal wedding. Which'll make you the Royal (Wedding Designer's) Mother. Better keep the blog going.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, MMM-C. Whatever shall we do with you? Made my morning, once again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant!
    ps. Is it too late to put my order in for a dress?

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh....Beatrice...dear lord!
    Super cute wedding recap :) tomorrow the tissue knock offs will be circulating!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh giddy up, that is the most delightful wedding ever!! What tissue couture, brilliant. Hey, have another IKEA giveaway, you'd love it!! Maybe if you won in a few years your seamstress could cut up the IKEA bedding & go a bit more Von Trapp than McQueen?? Love your work MmMC, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Horsey looks ravishing! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time!! I love it all - the green hat, the tissue dress, the nine year old couturier - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Priceless! Loving the Beatrice hat. What is worrying is that the FP horsey looked a darn sight more attractive than she did.

    ReplyDelete