Thursday, September 29, 2011

A collective noun of bloggers

What would a collective noun of bloggers be, I wonder?


I only wonder because I had a couple over this morning for some tea.


Can you guess who they are? I won't tell you.


But there seemed to be kids everywhere. And food. Everywhere.


I brought out the best crockery, such was the bloggers' worthiness.




Did I mention there were kids everywhere?



One of the renowned bloggers presented me with a stunning West German vase. I was quite taken by it. So was the other famous blogger who clasped it to her bosom like it was a sixth child.


Here is it now, in situ. Divine.


We brainstormed and worked the dolls' house renovation. I took notes on tones and paint and wallpaper.


And when everyone left, I had a nap. Because I'm old and tired.

22 comments:

  1. Where was MY invitation?! Sonia? Annie? Brismod? Nice sugar bowl. We had our own little blogger's cup of tea today too actually. I was an appreciative at Chez Estelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognise Annie's blouse and Sonia's daughter.....you're a great bunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lot of fun. Love the red stripey cups and saucers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zigsma, I can't confirm or deny that I was with the bevy of bloggers (roe deer). It's about the mystery...
    And I must say the vase is magnificent in its floral texture and browness. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had that many children on my sofa! (I don't really have a sofa, but...) Love Martha's outfit, the brown and blue, and her hair. She looks very chic. I'm not qualified to comment on the crockery, but the big brown cake looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in on the secret so I won't guess. I NEED those blue and white plates though. And all the kiddies.
    The vase is lovely. Did you check AA's handbag when she left?

    p.s. That cake looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous, how fun would this be to have a lovely bunch of women over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First one that springs to mind is a GAGGLE of bloggers. Dunno why... A BLOT of bloggers? A BROOD of (mummy) bloggers? A BLOOM of bloggers? A BUNCH? A BAG of bloggers?? .... the mind boggles. There 'ye go! A BOGGLE of bloggers. That's gotta be it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Look at what I just found http://www.growyourwritingbusiness.com/?p=227

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spotting some Lotte from Figgjo there! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe the collective noun you're looking for is post of bloggers. Or perhaps a 'overshare'.

    Looks like fun, wish I had some nearby I knew in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I just spied Tim Tams sur la table.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We came up with a TOGGLE of bloggers which is pretty close to a BOGGLE of bloggers. The offspring might be BLOGGLINI or BLOGGETTES if you don't mind chorus girls and pasta. Deb, the bag was too small and when I kissed the toddler she was definitely Tim Tam flavoured. That Anna Bartlett shirt is clearly more recognisable than the back of my head- a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a fun gathering. I especially like the Norwegian teapot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was going to contribute a Body of Bloggers,being of an ancient education system.
    There were certainly bodies of every size and colour present.
    I bet the sound waves are still resounding around the neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It has to be a Mosh of bloggers. Found it while searching for a collective noun for a group of turtles for another bloggy friend. It's actually a bale of turtles but I like mosh much more, seems to cover blog friends, all their children and copious snacks. Sound moshy to you? melx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha! What a day! So glad I sent that shirt out to have a good life with someone who actually goes places... if you have a Christmas holidays one, you HAVE TO invite me. Seriously. I'm asking in public.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anna,
    oooh! I never considered having a bloggers Christmas function! Maybe I will!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm ba-ack! One of the best mornings playing ladies enjoyed in a long time.
    Nobody mentioned the amazing layered cake?!
    Had I cracked a fortune cookie I think it may have cautioned "pack your laptop", amongst other things.

    ReplyDelete