Weather like this makes me think about Christmas.
But before Christmas, there's Child One's birthday. What do you think of this? I'm hoping she'll like it.
And, I've realised I really have to sort this dolls' house out. It's languished too long with no action.
I have wallpaper galore, but no inspiration.
At least we have Moomin scissors. I'd like to think we're the only family in Australia with Moomin scissors.
And it's so hot that washing's only taking about 17 minutes to dry.
Here are some dolls' house things I'm looking at.
From here ...
From here ...
From here ...
Toodles.









Poorly timed photos are the best ones! Mom can certainly help you with doll house inspiration- she's into miniatures. And you have an awesome selection of wall papers to use!
ReplyDeletePamela,
ReplyDeleteyour mother has already been an inspiration. She sent some cute little dolls' house accessories which I had to remove as I suspected someone was eating them.
With an impending baby, you'll learn ...
Oh wow, love your wallpaper collection! I think we could have a lot of fun in a weekend with those Moomin scissors, wallpaper, fuzzy ball garland & that dollhouse! I think I had that lil' deer vase once- or one remarkably close. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteLook at those lovely little legs and by crikey all that washing!!!!
ReplyDeletePam x
Yay for the weather, how quickly we forget the snow in Canberra when we go back to smack-in-your-face-hot-Summer days.
ReplyDeleteOh no, keep that doll's house away from us, my high schooler woke up to find her doll's house was burgled in the night, by the 3rd daughter. While 3rd daughter was at Tournament of the Minds today, the furniture was taken back, all very 'repo' inspired actually, with an inventory & everything. Love Posie
You are most certainly the only family I know with Moomin scissors. I think that probably deserves a Wiki entry of some description. And I love the deer. I had one quite like it when I was little'ish. Most steal it back from mum and dad's :)
ReplyDeleteMs Tranquil Townhouse,
ReplyDeleteWiki entry. How does one do that? I think you're on the money.
And Pammie. The legs are hilarious, aren't they? That's just one reason I love summer. You get to view your children's calves.
ReplyDeleteMartha and Charlie must get together and retaliate against parents somehow. I think I do that very same thing to him about three times a day!!
ReplyDeleteYou have an awful lot of washing, don't you MMMC?
ReplyDeleteAnd re: birthday present, I think I would've loved a ceramic deer when I was young for my birthday. xx
I'd recoginise Martha anywhere, no matter how you shot her. Is that your pool? Really, you have a pool. No wonder you can't finish that doll house.
ReplyDeleteI can't get over those 17 minutes you mentioned. Here it's more like 17 hours. Strange and funny that the Australian summer makes even me think of Christmas.
Got to run (God knows what I wrote)
Lilli
Lilli,
ReplyDeleteno, that's not our pool. We were visiting. The neighbours have a pool and we stand and watch them through the fence hoping they'll get the hint.
I like your comment to Lilli. I can't believe your wash dries so quickly. Incredible, as are the Moomin scissors.
ReplyDeleteDoes Marvelous Martha love the water?
xo
Washing drying in 17 minutes - take me there! Dear sweetie Martha. And Child One's present is like something I would have adored at that age. Actually quite like it now. Your family values are adorable. As is your family.
ReplyDeleteChild #1 will love that very cute Bambi..
ReplyDeleteWhere have the last 10 years gone?
Wallpaper lust. That brown floral on the end has me hyperventilating and stuff. Loving your headless bathing beauty...
ReplyDeleteI love when their legs pop out after hibernating for winter and you see how much they've grown. They were baby legs when I put them away last autumn! That's a good idea putting the washing down low. Some child labour might ensue. The extra washing they make on the holidays is no fun. Bambi is poifect and the dolls house looks like a holiday project to me. Jelly boxes make great doll house furniture I am informed by a reliable source.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment and link to the J-P Gaultier article - loved it. Now here's one for you. Marimekko 6oth anniversary exhibition,
ReplyDeletehttp://www.heals.co.uk/page/london_design_festival
I like the pink batik tablecloth. Your problem is you're spoilt for choice in the wallpaper department. You need to narrow down the options to only three then the job is done. Have I mentioned before there is a Moomin in QLD. Did you know this?
ReplyDeleteWhat a dear little deer.