Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sandarls ... get ya socks off!

It's been a while since I last blogged.


But I'm back, just quickly. Remember this ol' thing? Well, I'm cranking-it-out this Friday night for a she-bang of epic proportions and I need some matching shoes.


I'm thinking some sandarls.


Thoughts? Keeping in mind it reaches to my ankles, so you'll probably just see my toes. Don't you love the bat wing? I could hide all manner of things up there ... a tuckshop-lady arm, for starters.

It's barely Spring here, and all I can find, thus far, are ankle boots.

Isn't Annie off to an inexhaustible start? She's indefatigable.

22 comments:

  1. Well, if you find it difficult choosing a pair of shoes you can sleYs tuck a couple of extra pairs in that batwing. That way upu can rotate them throughout the evening.
    Sounds like a fancy event. Some sort of 'galah'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops... Sorry about the dodgy spelling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some kind of sparkley thong/flip flop would be fabulous you know a step up from an ordinary thong. This dress always makes me think of Peter Sellers...The Party. Such a great movie. Hope your night is just as much fun. Is it a child free shing ding? xx Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you could almost go barefoot and people wouldn't even notice, just spend the entire evening moving your bat wing arm round gracefully :D

    Though I do like Sarah's suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think time for an op shop session. Some sort of cork wedge in a lurid colour is coming to mind. Take a bag of unwanted stuff and the karmic forces of the oppie will deliver. melx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How could one forget?!! Oh my, the shoe options with those colours are endless. You need a trip down Queen Street Mall. Imogen is available if you require a pedi for those sandals; just in case Martha is booked out.
    So much to celebrate for you this year! I'll see you at your 80th via the newest edition of Skype to reminisce on the good 'ole days of blogging my friend. We'll just be crinkley apparitions that appear at the click of a button. It will all be such a marvel! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that outfit the pattern and colours are gorgeous. I have been sharing my winged dresses that last few Fridays too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that tuck shop arm coverage you've got going on there MMC... I could do with some of that myself!
    I reckon silver or gold sandles would've been the go back in the day...these days I'm not so sure...
    It's such a stunning dress, all eyes will be on it, not your tootsies x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm - I think you have two choices in the footwear department. Flat strappy sandals in a bright colour or silver/gold. Or some cork soled wedges. Don't laugh but have you tried Target??

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a killer dress! I'm with Curly Pop's, photo's please :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh. Very fancy schmancy. Love that dress. I'd do either a strappy pointy toe shoe or a peep toe shoe but that's only because I wear sandals all the time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Doc Martens are de rigeur.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deb is far too trendy for words. I vote for golden sandals. Get thee to a shoe-er-eee.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gold or silver delicate sandals, def.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's gotta be Roman. Yes, definitely. Roman sandals, preferably the half-way-up-the-leg kind. who cares that the dress is down to your toes, surely you're going to hitch that baby up when you are ascending stairs.... no? Then everyone will see your Roman calf-length numbers in all their glory, and it'll be a double whammy! http://prister.wordpress.com/2010/05/30/roman-sandals/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You will be the bell of the ball Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Do you get gestural after a few shandies because you could seriously take out a whole buffet top of cocktails with that sleeve? I'm looking and I'm seeing my mother's Kelly green stitched platforms from the 70's. What size are you? I will consult with Ron and Brian post haste! I'm also thinking Star Trekesque gold Pocahontas sandals with tonging up your dainty calf. Is there a stairwell to descend slowly as all eyes are drawn up with a sharp intake of multiple breaths? I do hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE that dress..I couldn't care less what you wear on your feet, it's all about that fabric, that shape...does it make a lovely swishing noise when you walk? Oh I hope so :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many funny suggestions. So many cork wedge suggestions too, which surprises me. I was thinking along the lines of a bejewelled sandal set ...

    R&S, I might take I. up on the pedicure. Her's are the neatest I've seen in a long time.

    I didn't think of Target, and Doc Martens definitely didn't cross my mind.

    I'll show you what I get when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  20. now i'm definitely not going - i don't have a thing to wear....
    perhaps i should go as cinders, before the makeover.
    ho hum, woe is me.

    ReplyDelete