I've been getting a few blog blues lately.
I sit in lectures and listen to seasoned barristers and solicitors and I think to myself "You gentlemen and ladies would never blog". And then I think, 'What are you doing, MMMC?" Stop this blogging caper now before you have a reputation to destroy.
Apart from that, I have no time for sewing, or Opland Shopping, or Mid-Century ponderings. That's why I'm thinking if someone NEW started blogging, then I could stop.
For me, it's all 'Advices', or 'Appearances', or 'Conveyances', or 'Company Purchases' or 'Committals'. That's not conducive to blogging.
You Readers don't want to know about that rubbish, and if you did, you'd be paying someone in six-minute increments.
I've lost my humour. The Horse hasn't seen the light of day for months.
I've lost the blog mojo, Your Hono.
Really? Lost your Mo-Jo? I thought that was my MO ... the no Mo-Jo ;-)
ReplyDeleteLittle Miss A-G,
ReplyDelete'losing the blog mojo' IS your modus operandi, and I'm adopting it big-time. I've got your MO written all over. Over it.
Me too. I miss you.
ReplyDeletexo
Well, I do know what you mean. My own blog has to be quite cautiously constructed in case any work people should stumble across it and be shocked -- which I resent but which is also sensible. Also my kids are of an age to shudder at parental liberty. But I guess these constraints are not so intolerable, and I still like the sense of being in a network of good and amusing people -- such as yourself. So blog with care but please don't blog off.
ReplyDeleteProbably not best to go into your personal problems with your Ho-no.
ReplyDeleteBut don't disappear again - just keep us guessing. There is room enough for two!
Oh no! Even your "non humorous" postings are so witty and clever, I would miss them. There must be some more witty hilarious material to be found in your new profession, surely. :)
ReplyDeleteIf they don't blog, they don't know what they're missing. Or maybe they do blog - you could start a pseudonym, parallel-to-this-one blog, purporting to be what these highly sensible and highly paid colleagues of yours would write if they did, indeed, have blogs? Can you identify any of them that might go trawling thrift shops on their off-duty days???
ReplyDeleteAll things change,
ReplyDeletedearest Carmel.
And I've just seen your comment at Lilli... I'm very glad that YOU are blogging. Really.
I mean it.
Love, Ariane.
I've lost my mojo too. But it's coming back...I think. And there are a few solicitors who blog or appear on blogs. They have to. It's an outlet for the daily tedium. Or else they turn to drink. xx
ReplyDeleteCan you not discreetly photograph these people in court and place them around the screen in the style of, Oh I don't know, - fisher price people?
ReplyDeleteMaybe just maybe some are sitting there thinking the same thing as you lol.I do hope the mo comes back to your jo soon tho.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, my mojo wavers. I fear if I type the word paint again I may vomit. The song directs me to tell you, how you feel; and I get the vibe you are listening to the wrong song. You need something more upbeat. Try Roxette's Dressed For Success. Put a string of pearls around Horsey's neck, and all will be right with the world.
ReplyDeleteHave you seen that NEW blog Artistica Domestica?
Was just pondering about Horsey lastnight and wondering if he'd been up to any adventures.
ReplyDeleteDo you think that maybe he'd like a visit to the local courthouse to meet the judge?
Don't you go anywhere Carmel! I love your posts, I find them so amusing but real at the sane time. I love a bit of reality in blogland :)
ReplyDeleteSomeone wise said once "this will soon pass" I hope they weren't referring to my windy bowels. I think most of us suffer the blogger block. I find a little break helps then just pop in and out. No pressure, just enjoy.
ReplyDeleteIn the words of that once famous tennis player ( you know the one) you cannot be serious!! And I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find there's a law against it. It would be a crime against blogmanity!
ReplyDeleteYep, I agree with everyone, Carmel. Please keep on keeping on. I'm a solicitor and it hasn't hurt me. Join me, my friend - there are quite a few of us in the club ☺. J x
ReplyDeleteInspiration comes and goes. You don't need to make a post a day, this is not a job! You don't have to feel like you've got to accomplish something through this blog or entertain anyone. Take a break, live a little without thinking about blogging, have pizza, lot of wine and some chocolate. It's a flawless recipe to get inspiration back whatever you want to use it for.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to have pizza, right now. And make a post about it.
Oh go MoJo, in any forms, we'll keep coming back. Maybe if you do short blog posts in less than 6 minutes, there's no charge, or is it ProRata to the 6 minute increment?? Love Posie
ReplyDeleteI think that blogging is your panacea. You need it. It needs you. The law can be a dry old world, and you may need a place where the weather suits your clothes. Keep it up.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AzEY6ZqkuE&feature=related