Sunday, March 20, 2011

Barely hanging on.

Remember Spotty Cat?


Well, I should have used the 'hand-wash' cycle.


He's not looking pretty.

 

What would you do?

Just shove it all back in and keep patching?

33 comments:

  1. That chest wall injury looks terminal... Although the red gingham hospital that treated the horse with the head injury may be able to help. Do they have a cardiothoracic surgery department???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad washing machine. Hmm. Tough one. There's some major surgery needed there. How much is Spotty cat loved? Is it a case of never forgiven and years of therapy if you give up and chuck him out? If the answer is yes then I think more surgery might be needed. Otherwise I would just give in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear!
    I fear a full body transplant may be in order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. Grim times for Spotty Cat. Have you consulted Horsey? I'd say he'd be able to help. Or his clone? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh he'll be fine, few patches, new look.. face will be the biggest challenge, just pop his appendix back, patch with something stripey, circle of flowers on the knee.... good as new!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I would absolutely patch him up. The more patches the better. But then I am more of a rust than a chrome kinda gal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, isn't he a gem? Definitely go in for reconstructive surgery. He deserves a chance.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ouch! spotty cat may well need a name change to patchy cat if he survives...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do unto others as you would do unto Bubby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe do your best with patching, then give him a set of overalls for future protection? This from a mother who accidentally bleached then overdyed her firstborn's favourite toy dog. It used to be cute... but it is still around, 12 years later...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, poor Spotty Cat! :(
    I'm definitely a 'shove it all back in and patch it back up' kind of girl, so go for it I say!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, shove and patch until you reach spontaneous disintegration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This little spot needs a trip to the hospital...Mine is usually my Mother who's the one that sews in the family! she groans about it, puts it in her to do pile and we see it about a year later....I have to say she's fiesty but she gets the job done in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I'm a patcher! I say stitch away.
    This is the kids doll? They must play with it A LOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should fix him up especially if someone is very attached to him. Poor thing. I remember my Raggedy Ann doll was pieced together numerous times. Someone gave me a new one but I didn't take to her. Loved my old one to the bitter end. (Marriage) seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh yes!!! save spotty cat!! I think it would look pretty with a few patches.
    All cats has to be saved, even the fake ones.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh dear!
    Crisis in homestead A&E.
    Ct hit the nail on the head.
    Recall Bubby's total skin replacement therapy.
    And she' survived until now even without a face.
    Cuddles never die ; change them as you need,but the aura stays the same.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just shove it all back in and keep patching, dearie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think Spotty Cat looks fine. It is all about the company you keep. I know a certain Blue Dog and particular Yellow Rabbit that would make him seem spritely again.

    So glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmmm , i think you should take up knitting.OR you could make a new one with lovely patchy vintage sheets. Sorry Spot, but i think your days are numbered.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh dear, spotty cat needs surgery stat! Good luck, should be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks everyone for your comments. Spotty Cat is a definite favourite, so I'll have to patch him like there's not tomorrow.

    I've been 'sticking it to the man' today and can barely hold my head up, so he and his innards are just going to have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  23. If is well loved, then absolutely. Such a cutie pie :) XOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. I believe a frame up is in order. Go the other way and completely unstuff him. Literally stick him under glass like a bug on a wind screen then he can gaze down with J.C. of the C.C. on those who loved him and did him in. For similar enshrined softies peruse this very entertaining kids' book: "Cautionary Tales for Boys and Girls" by John Hay- Mackenzie. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Poor Spotty. What a perilous journey you've been on... in a washing machine of all places?? when cats don't even like water. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh patches....I love patches, they are little pieces of love stitched on. Look forward to an update.

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh, he is too pretty to have his faith finishing like this. patches is the thing! so in this season ;)
    id go for it....

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, I'm sorry you're far away. I would have loved to help the poor creature. He seems to have the potential of a cool-knitted-graffiti-cat!

    I can imagine how painful those long minutes in the washing machine must have been for him.

    ReplyDelete
  29. If it was on my shift, the best I could do was stuff him back and whack a few safety pins down his side. Pathetic I know. How I've survived having a blog with not an inch of sewing skill is quite amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hellooooo! (we're back online at last!)
    Definately patch him up AGAIN!
    Hes just going to become more and more individual with all the patching, and more adorable.XX

    ReplyDelete
  31. dear carmel,
    you must be deep into your studies! so glad you decided to pop in to entertain us.
    yes, patch up the old dear. We are still challenging ourselves with drawings if you want to come see. any news from Lilli?
    good luck with the move and all.
    xo stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  32. for spotty cat: more=better ;)

    and thx for your lovely comment :)
    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete