1968 Australian home. Some Ruska. Teak furniture. Native Australian gardens. Splashes of Marimekko. Rimini blue Bitossi. 50s, 60s and 70s homes. House plants and succulents. Woody Allen. The occasional appearance by some Solid Gold Dancers. That's what you'll find here. And lashings of chutzpah thrown-in for good measure. Pull up a Suekichi Uchida and make yourself at home.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Sesame Street: What's The Name Of That Song?
My landlord has requested, a number of times, that I put this video on the blog.
la di da di dum, thanks for putting a new song in my head!(i couldn't get rid of Just say yes of snowpatrol.. Happy sunday (and the best regards to your landlord)
Ingrid, I'm glad you've got a new song in your head. I now need a new song in my head.
Ct, the landlord is always telling me about this song! Check out Mr Hooper. Poor Mr Hooper. And is the first fellow 'David'? I wonder what happened to him?
Sesame Street is a lot cleaner now, with a lot of celebrity cameos.
Brismod, I love the different accents. They're not as heavy now, even Maria and Luis'. And Mr Hooper has a New York Jewish accent, I think. I guess that was the idea behind Sesame Street ... a representation of the multicultural city of NY.
Maria has found the elixir for youth. She's still on the show! I used to love the theme song from the start with the bells... Sunny Day, sweeping the clouds away... Hello Landlord! What a wonderful tennant you have.
Gosh - that was a weird experience. I don't think I've seen that since, oh '73/74? And I've never noticed how 'theatrical' Bob is. Off-off-off broadway...
Good old Sesame Street. I used to be obsessed with Oscar's garbage can as I imagined it like a tardis with a swimming pool and so on. I always had a bit of an imagination :)
I just showed the clip to my nine-year-old who recognised Bob 'as that old man' now. And she said Mr Hooper looks nothing like the Fisher Price version of Mr Hopper.
I know all the words without even hearing it! Lovely flashback. Don't you enjoy seeing Sesame St actors in other shows. Saw Maria on Law & Order once. Knew she had to be the killer. Too famous.
Gordon is fatter and shorter now when he appears in your dioramas,no? He sings well. They were the days my friends. (That sounds like a new song coming on".
la di da di dum, thanks for putting a new song in my head!(i couldn't get rid of Just say yes of snowpatrol..
ReplyDeleteHappy sunday (and the best regards to your landlord)
Wow what a trip.
ReplyDeleteYou never see sets that run down and dirty any more. Such authenticity!
Do kids still get to see Sesame St like this anymore?
Ingrid, I'm glad you've got a new song in your head. I now need a new song in my head.
ReplyDeleteCt,
the landlord is always telling me about this song! Check out Mr Hooper. Poor Mr Hooper. And is the first fellow 'David'? I wonder what happened to him?
Sesame Street is a lot cleaner now, with a lot of celebrity cameos.
I feel like I went through a time tunnel watching that MMMC. How young they all were! xx
ReplyDeleteyep, this one gets regular airplay at our house, too! our poor child is regularly bombarded with retro sesame street experiences...
ReplyDeleteBrismod, I love the different accents. They're not as heavy now, even Maria and Luis'. And Mr Hooper has a New York Jewish accent, I think. I guess that was the idea behind Sesame Street ... a representation of the multicultural city of NY.
ReplyDeleteCatherine, how funny that you play it too!
Maria has found the elixir for youth. She's still on the show!
ReplyDeleteI used to love the theme song from the start with the bells... Sunny Day, sweeping the clouds away...
Hello Landlord! What a wonderful tennant you have.
Gosh - that was a weird experience. I don't think I've seen that since, oh '73/74? And I've never noticed how 'theatrical' Bob is. Off-off-off broadway...
ReplyDeleteGood old Sesame Street. I used to be obsessed with Oscar's garbage can as I imagined it like a tardis with a swimming pool and so on. I always had a bit of an imagination :)
ReplyDeleteAhhh fabulous, I say we make a sesame street song a regular Sunday evening post ! La Dee da dee da. Hope you have a fun week.
ReplyDeleteSarah,
ReplyDeleteOscar's trash can was a bit of a spin out.
I just showed the clip to my nine-year-old who recognised Bob 'as that old man' now. And she said Mr Hooper looks nothing like the Fisher Price version of Mr Hopper.
I love Susan's fingernails.
I know all the words without even hearing it! Lovely flashback. Don't you enjoy seeing Sesame St actors in other shows. Saw Maria on Law & Order once. Knew she had to be the killer. Too famous.
ReplyDeleteThis brightened up my morning Missy...It's always fun to look back and they are all still there, which is amazing! La ti da
ReplyDeleteThe lip synching was pretty good. Does this mean you don't have to pay your landlord if you post this song???
ReplyDeletei can see how this song could get stuck in ones head for 30 some odd years...
ReplyDeleteGordon is fatter and shorter now when he appears in your dioramas,no?
ReplyDeleteHe sings well.
They were the days my friends.
(That sounds like a new song coming on".
ah ha ha! Thanks for posting! I'd never seen that, or heard that, before!
ReplyDeleteThat was great way to start my Monday, Ill be subjecting my children to this frequently.
ReplyDeleteThat was excellent. A classic, by any standard.
ReplyDelete