Thursday, March 31, 2011

Psychoanalysis

I'm not sure whether I've told you, but I have a friend who's a psychiatrist.

It always makes for an interesting phone conversation.

After my recent conversation with him, I decided to do a computer personality disorder test.

You'll be pleased to know I'm highly paranoid, highly avoidant and highly obsessive-compulsive.

I'm also (proudly) moderately schizoid, moderately histrionic and have low narcissistic traits.

Hmmm. I expect when I wake up tomorrow, my readership will have fallen from 169 to somewhere in the teens.

Have a go yourself! Here. Just to cheer yourself up!


 The native fauna are freaking me out. I thought this was a snake. But I counted four legs.


Apart from navel gazing and examining reptiles, I've been relishing the cooler weather and planning on making my favourite meals which are generally slow-cooking and make good left-overs.


I use some old favourite recipe books which have never failed me.


Tonight, as per my fortnightly dinner roster, we had Wiener Schnitzel.


Noodle the Poodle loved it!

And it's our night to babysit the 'Class Bear'. 


 He's gotten up to all sorts of mischief!


Histrionic, obsessive-compulsive, paranoid furry creature!


It's nice to know where you live.


Or, do I really live there? Who says I live in Brisbane? Is that table cloth pristine? I only washed it four times today. Are we abiding by the dinner roster? I'm going to blog about this. Who says I'm screaming?!

19 comments:

  1. I've lost the plot! I've lost the plot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to take the test I wonder if it will know about my hairy lip! love your results I wonder how bad I am you might be surprised all your readers may have the same traits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That test is hilarious ... talk about let's ask some blunt questions! Disappointed I didn't score higher than a Moderate (Schizotypal, Borderline, Narcissistic, Avoidant & Dependent) ... or should I be relieved? btw ... your blue tongue will love banana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't like that test I'm a self-centered...it described someone that I wouldn't even like!!! Oh well I'm staying with my folks for the next few days so after breakfast I'm going to have them both take the test and see which one of them messed me up, HAHA!! That was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did the test this should crack you up that I am definitely one or two bricks short of the barbie.


    Disorder | Rating
    Paranoid: High
    Schizoid: Low
    Schizotypal: High
    Antisocial: Low
    Borderline: Very High
    Histrionic: Moderate
    Narcissistic: Low
    Avoidant: High
    Dependent: High
    Obsessive-Compulsive: High

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm apparently mildly histrionic and schitzotypal... your answers must have been a lot more interesting. And I've got that same weekly menu pad. Really must use it. And check this post out for moomin napkins - http://thedillspiel.blogspot.com/2011/03/once-upon-thread-marvelous-muster-of.html - saw it and thought of you!
    Wish we'd thought of vacuuming the class bear. Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun.
    I'm a schizoid and schizotypal. So, I'm not only fat and hairy, but crazy as well. Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, well I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in myself. I only scored high on Dependant, which is odd as I have spent quite a bit of my life living alone and working alone. Maybe that's why? How boring!
    BTW poor teddy, hopefully he wasn't too traumatised by his vacuuming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll do the test on Tuesday when I get back from my weekend away, I'm not in the mood to know myself that well if I have to drive for 2 or 3 hours!♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. That photo of class bear and vacuum looks wrong. I need a Doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm too scared to do the test. I think that says it all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that was fun to do, Carmel! I wasn't at all surprised with my OCD diagnosis ☺. I'm *working* on it. J x

    ReplyDelete
  13. All you need to do with that test is to say "no" and you're too normal to be healthy.
    Now, is that the way to treat a bear?
    And a bear of note classwise.
    Poor little furry darling.
    Wrong house for a sleep-over for tender bears. With a tendency to paranoia, obsessive-compulsivity, and avoidance, a bear like that was fortunate to see the next morning, even with a sore bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. One doesn't like a mirror held up to one's face, but maybe being a very high narcissist I do?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Horrified to realize that being a mother has caused me to become Highly schizoid and Highly avoidant and moderate in everything except OCD( which should be obvious from any photos of my house) Took the test a second time based on pre children and came in low for everything except moderate narcissistic (wouldn't that be all of us pre children?) Decided there should be a new category added - Cranky sleep deprived mama transient personality disorder. Therapy with high cure rate = several weeks at the Sheraton Noosa sans children. All covered by Medibank Private of course.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is okay. I did a First Aid Course today and from that, I can tell you, you are perfectly fine. Also, if you ever get bitten by a snake, just lie completely still for two days and don't move a muscle and the toxins won't get pumped around your lymphatic system by the muscles and you will be perfectly fine. In colder weather a blanket may be neccessary. I should also mention I have had a few red wines.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't that a blue tongue lizard?? I would have screamed whatever the slitheryness in my garden.
    Your class-softie adventures, too cool. First time we endured that experience, oh dear, within 2 minutes of arriving home, the preschool wombat had landed on the roof of the neighbour's garage, of course!! While i waited for the very tall soldier next door to come home to flick him down, i went through the book to see what adventures the wombat had been on - seriously fun stuff - last week at the Chans, he'd been to Yum Cha, on the Manly Ferry, Dutch icecreams, the Opera House - seriously??!! I hadn't had that much fun in years. Anyway, i included an honest account of the wombat's weekend with the McClellands, danger, rescue & a new outfit. Gypsy never looked so good, bite me Chans!! Love Posie
    PS we're still great pals with the Chan family, we still giggle about the wombat too - life is that exciting 8 years after preschool, we haven't moved on.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello.

    I'm quite surprised at how many of you looked at that quiz. I'm not sure of its credibility. I'm glad to know so many of you have personality disorders. What a great bunch! I think Bungalow Girl may have hit the nail on the head.

    And that reptile was a blue-tongue lizard? I'll leave some bananas about the place for it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I can't wait to see how crazy that test makes me out to be! ;)

    ReplyDelete