1968 Australian home. Some Ruska. Teak furniture. Native Australian gardens. Splashes of Marimekko. Rimini blue Bitossi. 50s, 60s and 70s homes. House plants and succulents. Woody Allen. The occasional appearance by some Solid Gold Dancers. That's what you'll find here. And lashings of chutzpah thrown-in for good measure. Pull up a Suekichi Uchida and make yourself at home.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
What we like.
Hats?
We like hats.
Accessories?
We like accessories.
Chocolate?
We like chocolate.
Too-short dresses, stripy tights and our sister's old boots?
We like too-short dresses, stripy tights and our sister's old boots.
What a magnificent blue hat! Clearly this girl has great taste, and I'm guessing was hooking into lindt balls prior to some R&R on the sheepskin. It's a kids life I say!
haha! Yes we like/don't like those things too... Sorry I haven't replied to your last few comments, I have appreciated them muchly, but I'm a little relaxed on the answering emails side of things at the moment...
oy what a absolutely gorgeous lovely girl. i think i need to stop reading blogs of mothers, my ovaries keep jumping and twitching and it WORRIES me! :)
Charlie did that 'bucket on the head' thing for quite a while also. Strange phase that one. He did and does still enjoy dressing up etc, maybe it is just part of that imaginary joy thing.
At this point I am just really concerned for the status of what was perhaps once a Tim Tam. I think some serious teaching of sucking the milkies through the Tim Tam (aka TT shooter)is in order.
What a magnificent blue hat! Clearly this girl has great taste, and I'm guessing was hooking into lindt balls prior to some R&R on the sheepskin. It's a kids life I say!
ReplyDeleteI do hope that sweet child wasn't terrified in pursuit of a bloggable moment!
ReplyDelete`We like spiders. But we love too-short dresses, stripy tights and our sister's old boots.
ReplyDeletehaha! Yes we like/don't like those things too... Sorry I haven't replied to your last few comments, I have appreciated them muchly, but I'm a little relaxed on the answering emails side of things at the moment...
ReplyDeleteoy what a absolutely gorgeous lovely girl.
ReplyDeletei think i need to stop reading blogs of mothers, my ovaries keep jumping and twitching and it WORRIES me! :)
No, I don't like spiders either. You're a cruel, cruel woman. You'll have to sell all your mid-century stuff to pay for future counselling.
ReplyDeleteCharlie did that 'bucket on the head' thing for quite a while also. Strange phase that one. He did and does still enjoy dressing up etc, maybe it is just part of that imaginary joy thing.
ReplyDeleteAt this point I am just really concerned for the status of what was perhaps once a Tim Tam. I think some serious teaching of sucking the milkies through the Tim Tam (aka TT shooter)is in order.
ReplyDeleteBungalowgirl mentioned the Tim Tam. Now that's all I can think about. I don't like spiders either but I do like a stylish Child.
ReplyDeleteAh, thanks for the laugh! And Beth sat on my lap reading this earlier today saying 'Mar ha!' over and over again. She's made quite and impression.
ReplyDeleteI like Martha and will save her from scary spiders!
ReplyDelete