Sunday, February 20, 2011

Do I smell rain, or is that chloroform?

I don't know how hot it was today. But it was hot.

Too hot to wear a long-sleeved dress shirt, bow tie and long pants.


That didn't stop this child, who has morphed into someone from the Royal College of Surgeons. 

I don't know why that would be? I have no influence.


He's taken to reading this document.


And asking questions such as, "When a doctor cuts a baby from your stomach, can he see your brain?"


To which I reply, "It depends on how short you are."


And then I found this sterilising in the bathroom ... it could be a car tyre. It could be a large grommet.

Either way, I'm sleeping with one eye open tonight.

23 comments:

  1. He just needs a navy blazer...

    Loving the tartan bow tie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at him! He's priceless in that stance in the second image. Dr Crazy Pants. Hide your knives. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it with specialists and bow ties? I won't be surprised when this child is stopped in the playground by The Sartorialist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My second obstetrician wore exactly this getup at my third caesarian. I think he's rich. Perhaps you should encourage that dandy child of yours. But definitely booby trap your bedroom door. Just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna,
    my first paediatrician dressed like that! He was rolling in it! I asked said child if he wanted to be a surgeon, and he shuddered and told me the 'slippers they wear when they are operating are too ugly!'

    Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous - career choice by footwear preference! I was a rather unaware of fashion young person when I started uni, and was astounded to realise that it (it being career choice influenced by dress style) is fact true - you could sit on the lawn (are there still lawns at uni???) and pretty accurately guess what people were studying... I was in the "somewhat unaware of fashion and therefore generally unfashionable" course... Does that stylish child of yours like anatomy? I could send him muscle charts if he likes...

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg what hoot. gotta love a stylish inquisitive kid! he is right in fashion just check at the satorialist.com ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear MMMC,
    isn't he lovely and charming, your Prince?!
    x Ariane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the striped pants and bow tie....maybe both eyes open...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's the siblings I'd worry about...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm laughing out loud. I would sleep with one eye open too! He is just too cute and very warm, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope he specializes in plastic surgery. Then send him to me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is an absolute cracker of an ensemble. All he needs now is a tweed jacket with leather elbow patches.
    Did he really choose it himself? If so, he's clearly a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ah ha ha. Mum, pregnant sis, and I are all short....maybe it's a good thing we are all on a different continent.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If the brain is visible when one's stomach is opened for a baby, that would explain why a small piece of brain seems to go missing after each child. Suddenly it all makes sense.
    As to Dapper Dan, Anna and I both have interesting dressers( and I don't mean drawers) and they are the very musical ones so I'm thinking "Jazz musician!"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah yes. I think he may have received style tips from many of those who populate Harley Street in London. I would keep on eye open too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore Little Man in his dapper attire. What a mid century gent he is.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bah ha ha! Love it.

    p.s The baby space preschooler would also LOVE this outfit. Especially if it's at least 30 degrees outside -- then he's in the long pants + shirt and he too would wear his tie (if he knew how to put it on himself!).

    ReplyDelete
  19. He is gorgeous! Love the bow tie!

    PS hope he doesnt get his dress sense from his mother!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've decided that reading your blog before bed is a good thing because my head hits the pillow with a ripsnort & a smile. That is one awesome child of yours... & that outfit... poster worthy! Have a good Monday Carmel!

    ReplyDelete
  21. that is scarily like my Dads stance except my Dad was a plumber/drainer not a specialist. Well still made a living digging around in pipes. I think this child of yours is sending you mixed messages.... Clothes of a surgeon.....stands like tradie. Cute though all humour aside the little guy has style!

    ReplyDelete