Here's Horsey's double.
He came from Sarah. Almost as soon as she'd read of Horsey's demise, she emailed me asking me for my address.
Is that Kevin Costner in the recesses of the back yard, Horsey 1?I hope not, Horsey 2.
How I laughed when I opened her parcel, which arrived shortly thereafter, to see another Horsey staring up at me with stars in his eyes!
A few other people have expressed their concern about the plastic Horse, and offered to replace him.
Thank you, kind folk.
My friend Ingrid, from the Netherlands, also sent me a small envelope last week.
It was filled with little bits of crazy sweetness. She's a Master Crocheter. Ingrid's 17th Century Dutch home recently featured on Apartment Therapy ... you can see it here ... She's pretty hip, in my books.
I think I'll be making a necklace out of her crocheted flowers.
I wish I could come up with something sweet to send to people on whim. I'm not creative, so I find it a struggle to think of something, or make something cute.
And then a builder friend of mine saved this ceiling light from one of the renovations he is doing. It was going to be tossed in the bin! What's wrong with people?
I just have to find the right house to swoot it ...
I think this little dwelling at Indooroopilly would be swootable.
What a cracker! Look at the coppery feature wall! The fire place! The light fittings!
If I was in the market for a house, right now, and contemporaneously, I was in the money-way right now, I'd be snapping this beauty up and rolling around on the carpet cackling hysterically!
Look at the tea towel. That's a selling point on its own.
You can see more of it here.
That was a blog post full of Good Things.
You can see more of it here.
That was a blog post full of Good Things.




You are a Good Thing. Everybody loves you, see? I tried to win a Horsey for you on Ebay. Alas my heart is bigger than my wallet.
ReplyDeleteHUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you hear that loud shriek coming through your computer? That was me when I saw the light fixture. Who would toss that?? Your builder friend is King in my eyes. Now go win the lottery so you can buy that house to hang it it. Scrumptious...every bit of it.
ReplyDeleteYou do have something to send people - your bloggy posts! And we all love them , you crack us up Carmel!
ReplyDeleteLove the house, you should buy it to put your light fitting in!
Oh MMMC. It definitely was a blog post full of Good Things. That 60s house is great and still very much intact. You have a fabulous eye. Love the teak light too.
ReplyDeleteAnd gosh, aren't people so good? How wonderful to get Horsey's duplicate! (or is it John Black?...sorry DOOLs reference)
I was so stunned about Horsey I forgot to say I like that house. I can't imagine someone throwing that light fixture away. The nerve!
ReplyDeleteThat house is too good to be true. The split level, the pendant lights, the barby and even the kitchen is pretty cute. I have an image of you swanning about in a Marimekko maxi-frock, distributing Mexican canapes and engaging your entranced audience with topical repartee. The children would skip joyfully around the ample gardens chanting "Mother is so clever to buy this groovy pad for, we too, adore mid century design!" Go on....
ReplyDeleteP.S. That's a very pretty tablecloth, by the way!
ReplyDeleteDeb, thanks for trying. Hugs back to you! Wiinnee! And yes, what sort of insanity leads to the discardment of tasteful fittings?
ReplyDeleteMCM,
yes it is cool. My builder friend is a quiet, eagle eye, and 'salvage' is his middle name.
Melissa,
thank you. That's a nice thing to say. I wish I could buy that house. I thin I need to be in paid employment first.
Brismod,
It's a swanky pad. But I have no idea what you're talking about re Horsey!
Annie,
Too right I can picture that image too! In reality, I'm really just in jeans and a t-shirt cleaning Martha's projectile vomit from her car seat. Seems her tummy contents and my erratic driving are at odds today.
Of course you're creative!! (And weird...) This blog doesn't write itself. x
ReplyDeleteI almost sent you the link to that house last week but didn't get round to it. I love that pressed coppper wall :D
ReplyDeleteGood to see Horsey has multiplied
thank goodness Horsey has an understudy!
ReplyDeletethat house is divine that copper wall is killing me your light looks like it may have come out of some similar dwelling. I would love you to buy it then take pictures of you rolling around on the rug and post them for us to see. :) That is my want.
The Indooroopilly residence is very cool. There is one like that near my kids school, very midcentury. It has had a major reno done on it and the owners have kept it very true to its period (which is wonderful).
ReplyDeleteBlogworld is a lovely place to make lovely friends. It's great that people have shared stuff with you. Don't worry about 'giving back', because you do that....You give your followers a well written, hilarious, different angle on life, seinfeld like (at times) great blog to read.
Keep on doing what your doing, just continue being your unique self.
So Horsey didn't have plastic surgery, and I guess he won't have a lovestory with a nurse...he's a double. I'm happy people send you new horseys. I love the house. I'm happy people loves you.
ReplyDeleteZigsma,
ReplyDeleteI'm choosing to ignore you. Though I do think of you when I hear of Chilean EARTHQUAKES!
Helen,
it was a shock to realise Horsey was not a one-off!
OOW,
If that house was mine, I'd post a video of me rolling on the floor!
O&E,
thank you. You are too nice. I think there must be a few MC houses about which remain fairly untouched. It's so lovely to see them. I wish everyone kept them as is/was.
So glad there are people in the world who can insure that Horsey lives on... indefinitely ...
ReplyDeleteSo lovely to see Horsey there with his new friend. He will be happy that he is out of the hidden depths of the toy cupboard and has a chance to realise his true horsey potential.
ReplyDeleteI adore those crochet flowers your friend sent. What a wonderful gift. Am extremely impressed with your builder. Mr Salvage you are a star.
YAY for Horsey!! That's such a wonderful arrival!! :)
ReplyDelete