Friday, February 4, 2011

Trumpet Revelry, please!!


Brilliant. Someone now plays the trumpet.

Herb Alpert rejoice!

I thought about the Diana Nefertiti ramekins and decided they'd be best with Estelle ... she was quite giddy for them.


And I think she can have the whole damn lot! Let's hope they don't get smashed to bits in the post ...

Address, Estelle, please.

Quick march!

13 comments:

  1. Oh the joy of school music lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a worthy winner who would macrame themselves into knots for your fine ramekins. I hope you are GoGo dancing in the background as your child plays the trumpet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for me and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo for you?

    Trumpet???? What could you have possibly done to deserve that? My heart felt condolences MMMC ;P

    I will email you my address post haste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no a trumpet in the house! Hope you get on with your neighbours :)!!
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh that brings back memories!
    (the trumpet)
    I used to play - also a cornet -
    in the local brass band. Had an awful brown uniform, with a brown striped tie. aaah the memories. good luck!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you! We just got a second cello to go with the trombone, euphonium and first cello. This is a spatial dilemma and cannot come to pass. So for the first time I have put my foot down firmly and said make it a tiny violin or we are outta here. I really can't have four instruments that require seat belts and seats of their own whilst the children run along beside the car!

    Found a Diana Nefertiti sugar bowl today and nearly got it for you but it didn't really work with ramekins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The trumpet! #2 took violin and the teacher told us ahead of time she would be playing Hot Cross Buns so we could feign surprise that we recognized the song. All we really heard was screeching.
    Yours in ear plugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. You poor thing I have a trombone going off around my house....did I spell that right?

    so loud and his brother always gets mad so a fight ensues.....phew!
    congrats to the winner....I tried to comment yesterday and couldn't I finally gave up!
    The Spanish Fly, clever little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh boy! can he/she read music? better get'em started on the spanish flea right away! and in the meantime, get some earplugs! wondering how th mood is after the storm. i was so scared!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, golly. Nothing like music lessons to bring an otherwise strong woman to her knees...get thee some earplugs, posthaste! On the flip side, everybody loves a little trumpet revelry, no?

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah, music lessons... hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh, will he serenade mum & me if we call? Very exciting!
    I played the cello and piano in my youth, no screaming wind instruments to master for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Milady,
    re storm. There's a lot of devastation up north ... homes on the Coast destroyed, crops ruined, roads cut and flooding. And the Cyclone moved inland where it turned into a Depression and its just raining everywhere with threatened floods. There's a lot of damage. Only one death, I think, which is a small mercy.

    ReplyDelete