What was I talking about?
That's right, being busy. I think I finished off the previous post by critiquing the new quilt book.
I'm still pretty busy. Too busy to be writing this blog, actually.
The quilt, or I suspect doona cover, for Martha is coming along nicely. Thank you for asking, Brismod and Melissa. Most of the squares above came from Melissa ... I'm just sewing them together, so it's not going to be a complicated quilt.I don't expect it to win a prize at the Ekka.
But sewing it has required the occasional breach of the Declaration to Limit International Internet Purchases and General Unnecessary Domestic Investments ... I forget the Declaration's exact wording ... I'm not sure I even signed it now.
Surely, I signed something much more stimulating such as the Declaration to Bolster the Bear-ish Economies of Other Countries by making Superfluous International Internet Purchases and Evading Australian GST?
That would make much more sense.
Anyway, I gained Title in the above vintage floral pillowcases which will be cut into squares or made into a toddler dress.
And I secured an Interest in these bits of ephemera. Completely unnecessary, but monetarily, another country has benefited.
I've had to invest in more resources in the form of Moomin fabric.We're rereading those Moomin comics. They're so funny.
Apart from that, I've been busy releasing the prisoners I've been capturing because no one else, but me, has found them interesting.
And then there's the chair sanding. That's moving ahead in clouds of black paint dust and keeping me busy when I otherwise wouldn't be busy.
But I only have a week of relative business before I have to devour these interesting looking pieces of Literature ...
Luckily, I bought them last year, (I chickened out of reading them) because that tidy pile cost close to a tidy $500AUD. Can you believe it? I can think of better ways to spend that sort of cashola.
However, once I've seen my way through the tedium that I imagine them to be, then a Law Degree I will have.
And that's when we get really, really, no-mucking around, seriously busy.
To be cont ....
You're doing law? Good for you! I love buying textbooks too but then I'm weird.
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking of doing arts or nutrition (I haven't decided what I'm going to be when I grow up despite nursing and rehabilitation health degrees and 15 years of work experience behind me).
;)
I love it when you talk legal. How big is that scary looking bug????
ReplyDeleteEmma,
ReplyDeleteArts will get you no where! I'm living proof of that.
Deb,
how's this for Legal talk? Imagine me, wig made from poodle wool (someone out there should be able to crochet one for me), marching to court with my client, and I say, "Okay, no mucking around. You look seriously non-culpable, or insane, take your pick, and I'll look seriously like I know which area of the Law we're dealing with."
A lawyer with a sense of humor....Yeah the world needs you and your going to be able to multi task on top of it all!!
ReplyDeleteI don't know how you do it? Law that is. Have had to read a Share Holders Agreement of late & I found it a great way to help me fall asleep ... yawn!!! I have forgotten to tell you that I've also joined the International Declaration of blah blah except I've got a different territory defined (see, I have been reading my legal document, sort of) ... mine is just any purchase from anywhere, although I've broken that deal already with a few books purchased on Book Depository UK & some lego mini-figures, series 1 & 2 from the US. Maybe next week I'll take up the declaration?
ReplyDeleteI can't help it. Every time I read "Moomim" I think mild swearing adjective...eg. "Drat those moomin law books" or "Dang that moomin laundry". It's like Scandi speak for "bloomin'".
ReplyDeleteLittleMissA-G,
ReplyDeleteYou know A-G could be read as an abbreviation for 'Attorney-General'. As a result, you may have some sort of prerogative to treat the Declaration as a more 'fluid' or 'organic' agreement which you can abide by, or not abide by, as the circumstances require.
Furthermore, so long as you don't sign off on any Bill which would legislatively enshrine the Declaration, then I think none of us have to abide by it - that's the gist of my reading of a Moomin comic.
Annie,
so 'Moomin' is an Scandi-adjective rather than a Nordic-noun. Interesting.
Frugal is over-rated (says woman who just returned from op shop with a table cloth and board game she doesn't need but rather likes - oh and a manky unicorn chosen by the girl...).
ReplyDeleteHope those books are not as tedious as expected... oh, and enjoying those quilt beginnings!
I don't think you sleep. ever.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't stand a chance with those books.
Go superwoman!
The quilt is looking mighty fine so far!
ReplyDeleteI love every one of those squares!
Your quilting looks fantastic! Its time consuming but it will look beautiful when its done! Love the moomin fabrics!
ReplyDeleteWow, that is a scary stack of books! You are busy! Those are great pillow cases... & of course the Moomin fabric is wonderful. Can't wait to see the end product. I'm sort of time management deficient these days. Too busy to get anything done- so my quilt fabric is still it's box. Oh, & Sayer is loving the Moomin books I bought. Have a great Friday Carmel!
ReplyDeleteI know the busy and the procrastination that is its sidekick. I have 3 assignments to finish by tomorrows deadline of 5pm.
ReplyDeleteI also have to mark 23 assignments by the same deadline and all the admin that goes with it. I have 4 clients breathing down my neck for work that was supposed to be done last week.
I swear all I have done is look at notes......water the garden.......write a paragraph........eat apple whilst standing in the garden........swear and complain about assignment brief.......make a cup of tea. HMMM! that deadlines looking a little scary at this point. Advice read the books long before you have to ;)
You are busy! Gosh, sanding back those chairs is a full time job. And your fabric is just lovely. I can't wait to see it as a doona cover. xx
ReplyDeleteFunny and a lawyer-to-be - how about that?! Those books look very hard-core. Their price is very hard-core. Imagine all the fluffy, pretty books one could purchase for $500?
ReplyDeleteIs that bug giant sized, or is that a close-up. He looks pretty impressive :)
A lawyer with a sense of humor is quite scaring.
ReplyDeleteAnd now let's talk about those moomin's fabrics. GORGEUS!! I so want those.
AND the summer book.
I want to learn to quilt. Ditch the law books and come and teach me! Oh ok, never mind...I can see you're busy :)
ReplyDeleteYou are such a talented and clever woman. I know how busy you must be and I often wondered if you ever got past reading your quilt book and you are now onto Law texts!! Well done, I am soooo impressed.
ReplyDeleteFabrics are gorgeous just hurry up and finish it so we can check it out :) :)
Pam x
Your photography is progressing in leaps and bounds. That's a huge bug. And I'm sure you'll be quite handy to know when you've read those books. Or if I need somewhere to sit. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteThe quilt is coming along beautifully. I loooove vintage sheets.
ReplyDeleteAll your projects keeping you busy look very fulfilling and fun. That beetle!!! I think I saw that think at the insectarium a few days ago! Does it fly?
The books... Now I could hardly read the titles without my head starting to ache. You ARE wonderwoman!
Can't wait to see the quilt all finished.
ReplyDeleteThose beetles look big! What are they called?
Wow - one more subject, Rumpole! Exactly how big is that bug?
ReplyDeleteLovin the look of that quilt, it's coming together nicely. Love that moomin fabric. Does it come from overseas?
ReplyDeleteMan those textbooks are expensive (that's a few Blythe dolls and fat quarters there). I did a law subject once and quite enjoyed it. Looks like your going to get busier MMMC.........
Drooling over that doona cover...and dreading the back-to-school bit. Really, will you have time to attend to your blog while you're frolicking about in the lecture halls? Think seriously about your responsibilities, MMM-C...
ReplyDeleteBlogger is eating my comments. Let's see if this one goes through, shall we? If that doona cover goes missing in the middle of the night, it's all down to me.
ReplyDelete