Are you sure the doctor asked us to come to the Sanitarium? I thought it was 'all over' for Horsey?
I got a text ... I'm just doing what the Neurosurgeon asked.
I don't like hospitals. Gordon, what if Horsey's not the same? All I keep thinking of is poor, dear Rosemary Kennedy.
Shouldn't be as dastardly as that, Cow.
Anyway, are we to go to the morgue, or a ward?
The doctor said he'd brief us here when we arrived.
Hullo Doctor.
Hello Gordon, Cow and Dog. I'm glad you've come to see Horsey. I don't want to shock you, but what you'll see may be quite upsetting to you. If you think you're ready, I'll get someone to take you to the 'Neuro-Cranial Reconstruction Suite'. I'll be right back.
Hold on a tick! There he is! Hullo Horsey! You're looking wonderful! Up and about, and all that!
Horsey? It's us! Gordon, Dog and Cow!
Cow, I don't think he heard us ... maybe he's a bit groggy or his memory's gone.
Quick follow him to the lift!
He's gone up to the 'Neuro-Cranial Reconstruction Suite' ... Get in, Gordon!
Horsey, stop! It's us! We're your friends! Don't you remember us?
Hang on a second! If you're Horsey, who's that in bed?
I'm agog! Taken aback! Flabbergasted and flummoxed! Two Horseys! What in the world?
What sort of malpractising, cutting-edge-in-a-questionably-unethical-sort-of-cloning-doppelgangerish-way, Swiss Sanitarium is this?!
Horsey, speak to us!
Whomever you are?
Huh? Where am I? Is that you Pharlap?
Oh quick! Call the tabloids!!! Horsey's long lost separated at birth twin saw the news reports on poor Horsey's accident and realised he was not alone in the world!
ReplyDeleteI think it's something more sinister!
ReplyDeleteWhen will the malicious one be revealed?
Ha! The continuing saga of horsey and his friends makes me laugh out loud! You are hilarious. Rose Kennedy!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe this! Horsey's still alive! He has a twin? You've been holding out on us!!!
ReplyDeleteI feel a made-for-tv-movie coming on....Dog, get Harpo on the line! Cow, contact Hallmark...move, move, move!!
ReplyDeleteMomma you are one funnnnny lady!!! to be continued....
ReplyDeleteAnd now i can't wait for next episode. will horsey remember? will he have the same old face or will he be horribly disfigured? will he have a love story with a horse-nurse? (that's what always happens on television, right?)
ReplyDeleteWonderful! Can't believe I'm the first commenter...
ReplyDeleteDear MMMC,
ReplyDeletethat's marvelous! My jaw dropped open...horsey?! A little more?
x Ariane.
Very funny, and I'm glad Horsey's back... You know, these would make a very cute little children's book... Just saying.
ReplyDeleteLove it - Just like Dallas only the acting is much less wooden...
ReplyDeleteTake care.
Big thanks for the haiku.
MMMC, it's Days of our Lives meets Playschool, very funny. That really is the cutest playset. Was it yours when you were young?
ReplyDeleteWhat's Horsey's stand in/twin's name?
Oh the wonders of modern medicine! Horsey i hope your head reconstruction goes well!
ReplyDeleteCould it be true? Horsey is alive or is this some cruel trick engineered by Victor Kiriakis or Sally Spectra? xx
ReplyDeleteIf the surgery doesn't mess with his head the Go-Ask-Alice gingham padded cell might. Has the Stepford horsey come from Planet e-bay or will Horsey wake up and it was all a DREAM?!
ReplyDeleteThe suspense, I can't take it!!! Thank God he's ok....or is he?
ReplyDeleteYay! the saga continues!
Crikey! You've got me snorting and falling off my chair again.
ReplyDeleteSo funny! That red gingham floor and walls combo would make any sane person go a little crazy... combined with the eyechart I'm very afraid; yet curious...
ReplyDeleteOlive & Esther,
ReplyDeleteyes that's an old Fisher Price Family Hospital. We had it when we were little, so it's about 30 years old.
Raine & Sage,
my brother made that eye chart! He's now 37. So it's been in the hospital for about three decades.
I thought the red/white floor/wall combo was a bit 'Swiss Red Cross-ish'.
Wow this is better than Desperate Housewives!! ;)
ReplyDeleteDo you know the really funny thing I could hear you reading out the story in a saccharine sweet voice reserved for children. These are hysterical youve got way too much time on your hands ;)
ReplyDeleteha! I hope the plastic surgery / amnesic event ends well...
ReplyDeleteGosh, you're weird.
ReplyDeleteYes indeed, I think we need Dr Marlena Evans!
ReplyDeleteQuick, come quick!
Haa ha ha. You're hysterical! Someone needs to show Oprah these horsey posts!
ReplyDeleteps, "Shouldn't be as dastardly as that, Cow."
is an excellent example of the importance of punctuation. This could easily have read, regarding dear Rosemary Kennedy : shouldn't be as dastardly as that Cow.
Either way, funny as heck!
L,
ReplyDeleteyou live or die by your comma placement.
Though I think the Kennedy clan perceived Rosemary as a bit of a dastardly cow ... that's why they lobotomised her.
Good Heavens. Yet another opportunity to remind the viewing public the importance of reading your flippin' blog EMPTY-MOUTHED. Nearly choked to death...again.
ReplyDelete